New Zealand VIP and charter operator Advanced Flight has become launch customer for the Airbus ACH145 helicopter – the private and business aviation version of the new H145 announced at Heli-Expo.
The aircraft is the latest model in the portfolio of Airbus Corporate Helicopters, the premium brand of Airbus Helicopters, providing a tailored offering to meet the demanding expectations of the corporate and VIP markets and itself newly launched in the Australia, New Zealand and Pacific region.
Airbus unveiled at Heli-Expo the new version of the best-selling H145 light twin-engine helicopter which features an innovative five-bladed rotor, increasing the useful load of the helicopter by 150 kg while delivering new levels of comfort, simplicity and connectivity.
The new rotor brings a significant increase in overall performance, with a maximum take-off weight raised to 3,800 kg and a useful load now equivalent to the aircraft’s empty weight. The simplicity of the new bearingless main rotor design will also ease maintenance operations and improve ride comfort for passengers and crew, while the reduced rotor diameter will allow the H145 to operate in even more confined areas.
Advanced Flight has a relationship with Airbus stretching back nearly 20 years and currently operates 1 x H125, 5 x H130 & 1 x H145 on operations throughout New Zealand from its Auckland base. The new aircraft, which will feature a bespoke interior from ACH’s line of premium configurations, will be delivered in mid-2020.
Company Representative and pilot Stephen Farmer, said: “We are extremely familiar with Airbus” helicopters including the current H145. They have been great tools for us over the years as we have developed our business and there is no doubt in my mind that the new ACH145 is going to be an important enhancement to our service.”
Airbus Helicopters Head of ACH, Frederic Lemos, said: “Advanced Flight is one of Airbus Helicopters’ most loyal customers and we greatly appreciate the input that Stephen Farmer and the company have provided in the development process of the new ACH145. This aircraft is today the best light twin in the market thanks to excellent performance, comfort and maintenance advantages that are going to greatly benefit customers like Advanced Flight and their passengers.”
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO