Safran Helicopter Engines has signed a Support-By-Hour (SBH®) contract with Icelandic Coast Guard, covering two H225. This contract formalizes a five year Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) agreement supporting a total of 4 Makila 2A1 engines.
Commented Höskuldur Ólafsson, Icelandic Coast Guard, Helicopter Director Maintenance: “With this contract, we will benefit from a the best engine-support for our Makila engines. We are delighted to have Safran on our side during our missions”.
Olivier Le Merrer, Safran Helicopter Engines EVP Support & Services, said: “We are extremely proud to provide this support solution to Icelandic Coast Guard for their H225 helicopters. We will deliver world-class services to guarantee the availability of their engines during their missions.”
This contract will be managed by Safran Helicopter Engines Germany, which supports more than 280 operators flying in Germany, Scandinavia, Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia.
The Icelandic Coast Guard (ICG) is a civilian law enforcement agency that is responsible for search and rescue, maritime safety and security surveillance, and law enforcement in the seas surrounding Iceland. It will operate two H225 owned by Knut Axel Ugland Holding AS, by March 2019.
SBH® is Safran Helicopter Engines maintenance-by-the-hour service. It makes engine operating costs predictable, eliminate cash peaks, allow flexibility for scheduled and unscheduled MRO coverage. It now covers 40% of Safran Helicopter Engines customer turbines’ flying hours.
SBH® is part of EngineLife® Services, Safran’s range of solutions for helicopter engines
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS