Safran Helicopter Engines has signed a Support-By-Hour (SBH®) contract with Icelandic Coast Guard, covering two H225. This contract formalizes a five year Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) agreement supporting a total of 4 Makila 2A1 engines.
Commented Höskuldur Ólafsson, Icelandic Coast Guard, Helicopter Director Maintenance: “With this contract, we will benefit from a the best engine-support for our Makila engines. We are delighted to have Safran on our side during our missions”.
Olivier Le Merrer, Safran Helicopter Engines EVP Support & Services, said: “We are extremely proud to provide this support solution to Icelandic Coast Guard for their H225 helicopters. We will deliver world-class services to guarantee the availability of their engines during their missions.”
This contract will be managed by Safran Helicopter Engines Germany, which supports more than 280 operators flying in Germany, Scandinavia, Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia.
The Icelandic Coast Guard (ICG) is a civilian law enforcement agency that is responsible for search and rescue, maritime safety and security surveillance, and law enforcement in the seas surrounding Iceland. It will operate two H225 owned by Knut Axel Ugland Holding AS, by March 2019.
SBH® is Safran Helicopter Engines maintenance-by-the-hour service. It makes engine operating costs predictable, eliminate cash peaks, allow flexibility for scheduled and unscheduled MRO coverage. It now covers 40% of Safran Helicopter Engines customer turbines’ flying hours.
SBH® is part of EngineLife® Services, Safran’s range of solutions for helicopter engines
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Bermuda Aircraft Registry Hits Historic Milestone
- Air Methods opens Mercy Air 66 base at Barstow
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Volocopter and Amazon join UK CAA Innovation Sandbox project
- Lilium Reveals New Air Taxi Celebrates Maiden Flight
- CareFlite celebrates 40 Year Anniversary
- Vertical Flight Society Recognizes Sikorsky For Technological Innovations
- Nepalese operators facing pilot shortage
- Sierra Nevada Awarded $75M Contract for HH-60G DVES Installations
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- FlightSafety announces new President & CEO
- TracPlus and IQonboard collaborate
- Northern Escape Heli Skiing Announces investment
- MALS-39 Marine recognized for contributions to maintenance readiness
- 22 countries sign new European Defence Agency cross-border agreement
- STARS announces first all-female lineup for 2019 Rescue in the Rockies
- FAA Announces Safety Rating for Costa Rica
- Speedwings expands helicopter ops with BHS and DC Aviation
- Latest ACH160 order underlines market confidence in new model