Leonardo announced today at Heli-Expo 2019 a collaboration with Weststar Aviation Services Sdn Bhd of Malaysia as launch customer of the HeliLink digital product support engineering assistant. The new service provides a remote video-call support for maintenance technicians with augmented reality, resulting in quick assistance for trouble shooting, improved helicopter fleet reliability and management. Weststar will benefit from this service through its AW Family fleet of AW169, AW139 and AW189 types.
As part of the Service Excellence – Advanced Services macro work stream, HeliLink is provided by the Product Support Engineering (PSE) team to remotely support the Customer’s operational teams, even in remote bases. HeliLink’s unique customer interface offers service level assurances through specific performance guarantees in terms of response times and delivering timely solutions to technical queries and repair schemes, thus enhancing fleet management, safety and mission effectiveness.
This project is a new milestone for the Customer Support & Services in terms of Customer proximity providing the Leonardo community the capability to have a virtual Support Engineering team always close to operations.
Leonardo’s collaboration with Weststar for its AW Family fleet allows it to enhance and maximize the tool’s capability, leveraging real customer experience to meet requirements to carry out the mission in Weststar’s demanding international operations.
HeliLink is part of the wide range of digitalized service offered by Leonardo which also include Skyflight mission planning mobile service, RFID, AW Training predictive/adaptive learning and Heliwise/HUMS, all on display at Leonardo Heli-Expo Booth. This new initiative is in line with Leonardo’s commitment to a continued enhancement of services and customer operations with latest enabling technologies.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award