Leonardo announced today at Heli-Expo 2019 a collaboration with Weststar Aviation Services Sdn Bhd of Malaysia as launch customer of the HeliLink digital product support engineering assistant. The new service provides a remote video-call support for maintenance technicians with augmented reality, resulting in quick assistance for trouble shooting, improved helicopter fleet reliability and management. Weststar will benefit from this service through its AW Family fleet of AW169, AW139 and AW189 types.
As part of the Service Excellence – Advanced Services macro work stream, HeliLink is provided by the Product Support Engineering (PSE) team to remotely support the Customer’s operational teams, even in remote bases. HeliLink’s unique customer interface offers service level assurances through specific performance guarantees in terms of response times and delivering timely solutions to technical queries and repair schemes, thus enhancing fleet management, safety and mission effectiveness.
This project is a new milestone for the Customer Support & Services in terms of Customer proximity providing the Leonardo community the capability to have a virtual Support Engineering team always close to operations.
Leonardo’s collaboration with Weststar for its AW Family fleet allows it to enhance and maximize the tool’s capability, leveraging real customer experience to meet requirements to carry out the mission in Weststar’s demanding international operations.
HeliLink is part of the wide range of digitalized service offered by Leonardo which also include Skyflight mission planning mobile service, RFID, AW Training predictive/adaptive learning and Heliwise/HUMS, all on display at Leonardo Heli-Expo Booth. This new initiative is in line with Leonardo’s commitment to a continued enhancement of services and customer operations with latest enabling technologies.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock