Airbus Helicopters and Swiss Rotor Service (SRS) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to cooperate in the promotion of the Maximum Pilot View Kit (MPVK) for the H125 and older variants of the AS350 single-engine helicopter (B2 & B3 versions). This will enable customers to have the MPVK installed directly by Airbus Helicopters on newly-built H125’s coming out of its final assembly line in Marignane (France) or out of its worldwide Customer Centers network.
Designed specifically for the H125, the MPVK consists of a large lower viewing aperture and transparent fuselage window fairing, which multiplies by ten the field of view of pilots during vertical work operations. Providing unrestricted pilot view below and to the right hand side of the aircraft, the kit improves the H125 mission capability and enhances the safety for pilots and ground crews in demanding operations such as sling loading, firefighting, confined area operations, search and rescue and emergency medical services, as well as any tasks requiring to operate near the ground and obstacles.
“We are striving to constantly improving the safety, performance and versatility of the H125 in order to better meet our customers’ expectations”, said Axel Aloccio, Head of the Light Helicopters Programme at Airbus Helicopters. “With the MPVK, which will be available this year in new helicopters but also on retrofit, the H125 will further increase its mission capability in important market segments and provide enhanced mission safety”.
Swiss Rotor Solutions AG was founded in 2013 with the purpose of offering services and products for the helicopter industry. The MPVK STC is already EASA, FAA, TCCA, ANAC Brazil and DGAC Mexico approved
“We are really happy to start this cooperation with Airbus Helicopters to further promote the use of the MPVK among H125 operators”, said Thomas Bolzli, CEO of SRS. “At present there are about 30 aircraft equipped with the kit but with a fleet of about 2000 H125/AS350 currently dedicated to work depending on high pilot vertical visibility, we are very optimistic for the future success of this kit”.
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Bermuda Aircraft Registry Hits Historic Milestone
- Air Methods opens Mercy Air 66 base at Barstow
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Volocopter and Amazon join UK CAA Innovation Sandbox project
- Lilium Reveals New Air Taxi Celebrates Maiden Flight
- CareFlite celebrates 40 Year Anniversary
- Vertical Flight Society Recognizes Sikorsky For Technological Innovations
- Nepalese operators facing pilot shortage
- Sierra Nevada Awarded $75M Contract for HH-60G DVES Installations
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- FlightSafety announces new President & CEO
- TracPlus and IQonboard collaborate
- Northern Escape Heli Skiing Announces investment
- MALS-39 Marine recognized for contributions to maintenance readiness
- 22 countries sign new European Defence Agency cross-border agreement
- STARS announces first all-female lineup for 2019 Rescue in the Rockies
- FAA Announces Safety Rating for Costa Rica
- Speedwings expands helicopter ops with BHS and DC Aviation
- Latest ACH160 order underlines market confidence in new model