Airbus Helicopters and Swiss Rotor Service (SRS) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to cooperate in the promotion of the Maximum Pilot View Kit (MPVK) for the H125 and older variants of the AS350 single-engine helicopter (B2 & B3 versions). This will enable customers to have the MPVK installed directly by Airbus Helicopters on newly-built H125’s coming out of its final assembly line in Marignane (France) or out of its worldwide Customer Centers network.
Designed specifically for the H125, the MPVK consists of a large lower viewing aperture and transparent fuselage window fairing, which multiplies by ten the field of view of pilots during vertical work operations. Providing unrestricted pilot view below and to the right hand side of the aircraft, the kit improves the H125 mission capability and enhances the safety for pilots and ground crews in demanding operations such as sling loading, firefighting, confined area operations, search and rescue and emergency medical services, as well as any tasks requiring to operate near the ground and obstacles.
“We are striving to constantly improving the safety, performance and versatility of the H125 in order to better meet our customers’ expectations”, said Axel Aloccio, Head of the Light Helicopters Programme at Airbus Helicopters. “With the MPVK, which will be available this year in new helicopters but also on retrofit, the H125 will further increase its mission capability in important market segments and provide enhanced mission safety”.
Swiss Rotor Solutions AG was founded in 2013 with the purpose of offering services and products for the helicopter industry. The MPVK STC is already EASA, FAA, TCCA, ANAC Brazil and DGAC Mexico approved
“We are really happy to start this cooperation with Airbus Helicopters to further promote the use of the MPVK among H125 operators”, said Thomas Bolzli, CEO of SRS. “At present there are about 30 aircraft equipped with the kit but with a fleet of about 2000 H125/AS350 currently dedicated to work depending on high pilot vertical visibility, we are very optimistic for the future success of this kit”.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020