Airbus Helicopters and Swiss Rotor Service (SRS) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to cooperate in the promotion of the Maximum Pilot View Kit (MPVK) for the H125 and older variants of the AS350 single-engine helicopter (B2 & B3 versions). This will enable customers to have the MPVK installed directly by Airbus Helicopters on newly-built H125’s coming out of its final assembly line in Marignane (France) or out of its worldwide Customer Centers network.
Designed specifically for the H125, the MPVK consists of a large lower viewing aperture and transparent fuselage window fairing, which multiplies by ten the field of view of pilots during vertical work operations. Providing unrestricted pilot view below and to the right hand side of the aircraft, the kit improves the H125 mission capability and enhances the safety for pilots and ground crews in demanding operations such as sling loading, firefighting, confined area operations, search and rescue and emergency medical services, as well as any tasks requiring to operate near the ground and obstacles.
“We are striving to constantly improving the safety, performance and versatility of the H125 in order to better meet our customers’ expectations”, said Axel Aloccio, Head of the Light Helicopters Programme at Airbus Helicopters. “With the MPVK, which will be available this year in new helicopters but also on retrofit, the H125 will further increase its mission capability in important market segments and provide enhanced mission safety”.
Swiss Rotor Solutions AG was founded in 2013 with the purpose of offering services and products for the helicopter industry. The MPVK STC is already EASA, FAA, TCCA, ANAC Brazil and DGAC Mexico approved
“We are really happy to start this cooperation with Airbus Helicopters to further promote the use of the MPVK among H125 operators”, said Thomas Bolzli, CEO of SRS. “At present there are about 30 aircraft equipped with the kit but with a fleet of about 2000 H125/AS350 currently dedicated to work depending on high pilot vertical visibility, we are very optimistic for the future success of this kit”.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award