FAA STC SR00917DE has been approved to install Concorde Battery Corporation’s Platinum Series® RG-292-102 (17Ah) or RG-292-103A (24Ah) on Sikorsky Aircraft S-92A helicopters. Concorde developed the RG-292 batteries as direct fit replacement for the original Ni-Cd battery. The table below indicates the correct Concorde battery to install dependent on the existing OEM battery. The existing temperature sensor connector is capped, bagged, and stowed.
Upgrading to the Concorde lead acid battery reduces cost per flight hour as the result of a lower cost of acquisition, reduced maintenance requirements and Hazmat exempt shipping. Concorde’s RG-292-102 and RG-292-103A do not require watering and pose no risk of thermal runaway.
The advanced lead acid technology of a Concorde battery is exhibited by instant spooling of the engines upon starting. Helicopter operators depend on Concorde batteries for reliability in remote locations and extreme weather conditions with Concorde certified performance at temperatures ranging from -40°C to 71°C.
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work