FAA STC SR00917DE has been approved to install Concorde Battery Corporation’s Platinum Series® RG-292-102 (17Ah) or RG-292-103A (24Ah) on Sikorsky Aircraft S-92A helicopters. Concorde developed the RG-292 batteries as direct fit replacement for the original Ni-Cd battery. The table below indicates the correct Concorde battery to install dependent on the existing OEM battery. The existing temperature sensor connector is capped, bagged, and stowed.
Upgrading to the Concorde lead acid battery reduces cost per flight hour as the result of a lower cost of acquisition, reduced maintenance requirements and Hazmat exempt shipping. Concorde’s RG-292-102 and RG-292-103A do not require watering and pose no risk of thermal runaway.
The advanced lead acid technology of a Concorde battery is exhibited by instant spooling of the engines upon starting. Helicopter operators depend on Concorde batteries for reliability in remote locations and extreme weather conditions with Concorde certified performance at temperatures ranging from -40°C to 71°C.
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification