FAA STC SR00917DE has been approved to install Concorde Battery Corporation’s Platinum Series® RG-292-102 (17Ah) or RG-292-103A (24Ah) on Sikorsky Aircraft S-92A helicopters. Concorde developed the RG-292 batteries as direct fit replacement for the original Ni-Cd battery. The table below indicates the correct Concorde battery to install dependent on the existing OEM battery. The existing temperature sensor connector is capped, bagged, and stowed.
Upgrading to the Concorde lead acid battery reduces cost per flight hour as the result of a lower cost of acquisition, reduced maintenance requirements and Hazmat exempt shipping. Concorde’s RG-292-102 and RG-292-103A do not require watering and pose no risk of thermal runaway.
The advanced lead acid technology of a Concorde battery is exhibited by instant spooling of the engines upon starting. Helicopter operators depend on Concorde batteries for reliability in remote locations and extreme weather conditions with Concorde certified performance at temperatures ranging from -40°C to 71°C.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator