MD Helicopters’ booth, C1228, at the 2019 HAI Heli-Expo in Atlanta, Georgia, reflects the company’s commitment to manufacturing and delivering the most effective and efficient single-engine and light twin-engine helicopters available. At the 2019 HAI Heli-Expo, MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) will proudly display two of its most iconic helicopter models, the MD 530F and the MD 969, an upgraded variant of the proven MD 900/902 Explorer series. Each of these aircraft features an advanced all-glass cockpit, combining engineering and manufacturing excellence with next-generation technology and a design aesthetic that is both functional and beautiful.
“I am proud and honored to display these two beautiful aircraft at Heli-Expo,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer of MD Helicopters. “The proven and powerful MD 530F and the next generation MD 969 Combat Helicopter are emblematic of the MD Helicopters brand, and exemplify my team’s commitment to delivering technologically advanced aircraft that are unmatched in design aesthetic and performance.”
Feature Aircraft Displays
The cornerstones of MDHI’s HAI booth will be a new MD 530F, currently operated by Tennessee Valley Authority, and a combat-configured MD 969 Explorer. Both aircraft feature advanced all-glass cockpits.
Tennessee Valley Authority MD 530F
This recently delivered MD 530F is the third F-Model to join the TVA fleet. Welcomed in September 2018, the MD 530F is used to support powerline utility, inspection, and construction operations throughout TVA’s multi-state service area. “The multi-mission capability of the MD 530F is one of the hallmark features of this iconic airframe,” Tilton continues. “We are excited to feature this beautiful aircraft in our booth this year as a celebration of our valued Utilities operators worldwide.”
MD 969 Combat Helicopter
The MD 969 represents the next evolution of MDHI’s MD 900/902 series aircraft and is featured in the MDHI booth this year in a weaponized configuration, depicting the future assault and attack capabilities of this light twin-engine airframe.
Anchored by an all-glass cockpit built on the Genesys Aerosystems’ next-generation Integrated Display Units (IDUs) along with a Macro-Blue tactical display for weapons and mission management, the up-to-8- seat MD 969 Combat Helicopter is single-pilot IFR certified, and safely and effectively executes a broad range of military, paramilitary and utility missions including Fast Attack, Combat Search & Rescue, CASEVAC/MEDEVAC, Command & Control, and Personnel Transport.
“I remain inspired by the capability enhancements delivered by the Genesys Aerosystems Display Units,” commented Tilton. “We are excited about the advanced systems and improved capabilities this open architecture system delivers, and we look forward to expanding its use within both our MD 969 and MD 530G Attack Helicopter platforms.”
In addition to advanced avionics, the MD 969 Combat Helicopter also features a proprietary, MDHIdesigned integrated composite weapons plank that allows for up to 6-station, fixed-forward weapons operation and unimpeded cabin access to support simultaneous forward fire, crew-served weapons, and personnel transport capabilities.
“MD Helicopters is proud of our diverse customer base and growing number of military and paramilitary operators worldwide,” continues Tilton. “The MD 969 Combat Helicopter will deliver a new level of multimission capabilities, and provide the foundation for worldwide future attack and reconnaissance airborne operations.”
Aftermarket and Customer Support Programs
At the 2019 show, MD Helicopters will also provide additional updates on its Aftermarket and Customer Support operations, including continued enhancements to its innovative MyMD.aero customer portal. Operators interested in learning more about MyMD.aero and other Customer Support programs can attend an interactive Information session at the MDHI Booth on Tuesday, March 5 at 1:30pm. “As always, I am incredibly proud of my team and our accomplishments,” Tilton concludes. “We remain united in purpose, focused on growth, and committed to delivering next generation aircraft to an everexpanding family of global operators.”
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials in Finland
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent