Meridian Helicopters LLC, announced it has sold and delivered a Bell Helicopter 206L4 to Southern Utah University (SUU).
The Meridian Helicopters completion of the aircraft consisted of many freshly overhauled components and engine. A complete Garmin avionics package was installed with compliance to the FAA ADS-B out requirements. The avionics package was finished with night vision (NVG) capabilities and Bose headsets. Cosmetically, the aircraft was treated to all new interior and SUU custom exterior paint. Additionally, a new interior including seating, complete interior trim and windows were installed. The aircraft was equipped with full external cargo equipment from Onboard including cargo hook with load cell, an external torque meter and long line. Finishing the SUU requirements was a particle separator and dual aircraft controls.
“Our relationship with SUU began with the lease of two Bell Helicopter 206L4’s a few years ago”, states Michael Bashlor – Managing Partner, Meridian Helicopters. “When the opportunity to deliver a mission equipped aircraft for them presented itself, we did not hesitate. A complete aircraft refurbishment is a large responsibility and we approached this extension of trust from SUU with pride.”
Southern Utah University’s Aviation Department is the nation’s premier helicopter flight school and will be utilizing the refurbished aircraft for the advanced training of it’s students. All SUU helicopter students will receive 20 hours of flight training in this and their other Bell Helicopter 206L4 aircraft. In addition to standard flight training, this aircraft will be the primary ship for the Iron County Sheriff’s Department’s Air Operations Unit which utilizes SUU instructor pilots and aircraft for search and locate, and law enforcement missions.
- Universal Avionics SkyVis™ Selected for new German H215s
- Universal Avionics Introduces Latest in ‘Fly by Sight’ Flight Deck Concept
- MD to Feature Fresno Sheriff MD530F and MD530G Block II at Heli-Expo 2020
- Rotortrade Selects Heli-One To Perform Two H225 Return-to-Service
- Collins Aerospace promotes Goodrich rescue hoist on S70 Firehawk
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Aviation Search Group Adds Two New Managing Directors to Support Growth
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- StandardAero and Thales Announce Launch Customer for new H125 Autopilot System
- Applied Video Imaging Extends Product Warranty to 3 Years
- ITT Enidine Showcasing Innovative Rotorcraft Solutions at Heli-Expo
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135
- NHV Group and Tropical Arctic Logistics sign Strategic Teaming Agreement
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Introduces New HEC Products for Bell 206L & MD500
- Astronautics Adds New Enhancements To RoadRunner EFI
- Robinson Newscopters Deliver News
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- Airwolf Aerospace and True Blue Power Announce New Lithium-ion Main Ship Battery STCs
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S