Meridian Helicopters LLC, announced it has sold and delivered a Bell Helicopter 206L4 to Southern Utah University (SUU).
The Meridian Helicopters completion of the aircraft consisted of many freshly overhauled components and engine. A complete Garmin avionics package was installed with compliance to the FAA ADS-B out requirements. The avionics package was finished with night vision (NVG) capabilities and Bose headsets. Cosmetically, the aircraft was treated to all new interior and SUU custom exterior paint. Additionally, a new interior including seating, complete interior trim and windows were installed. The aircraft was equipped with full external cargo equipment from Onboard including cargo hook with load cell, an external torque meter and long line. Finishing the SUU requirements was a particle separator and dual aircraft controls.
“Our relationship with SUU began with the lease of two Bell Helicopter 206L4’s a few years ago”, states Michael Bashlor – Managing Partner, Meridian Helicopters. “When the opportunity to deliver a mission equipped aircraft for them presented itself, we did not hesitate. A complete aircraft refurbishment is a large responsibility and we approached this extension of trust from SUU with pride.”
Southern Utah University’s Aviation Department is the nation’s premier helicopter flight school and will be utilizing the refurbished aircraft for the advanced training of it’s students. All SUU helicopter students will receive 20 hours of flight training in this and their other Bell Helicopter 206L4 aircraft. In addition to standard flight training, this aircraft will be the primary ship for the Iron County Sheriff’s Department’s Air Operations Unit which utilizes SUU instructor pilots and aircraft for search and locate, and law enforcement missions.
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring