Meridian Helicopters LLC, announced it has sold and delivered a Bell Helicopter 206L4 to Southern Utah University (SUU).
The Meridian Helicopters completion of the aircraft consisted of many freshly overhauled components and engine. A complete Garmin avionics package was installed with compliance to the FAA ADS-B out requirements. The avionics package was finished with night vision (NVG) capabilities and Bose headsets. Cosmetically, the aircraft was treated to all new interior and SUU custom exterior paint. Additionally, a new interior including seating, complete interior trim and windows were installed. The aircraft was equipped with full external cargo equipment from Onboard including cargo hook with load cell, an external torque meter and long line. Finishing the SUU requirements was a particle separator and dual aircraft controls.
“Our relationship with SUU began with the lease of two Bell Helicopter 206L4’s a few years ago”, states Michael Bashlor – Managing Partner, Meridian Helicopters. “When the opportunity to deliver a mission equipped aircraft for them presented itself, we did not hesitate. A complete aircraft refurbishment is a large responsibility and we approached this extension of trust from SUU with pride.”
Southern Utah University’s Aviation Department is the nation’s premier helicopter flight school and will be utilizing the refurbished aircraft for the advanced training of it’s students. All SUU helicopter students will receive 20 hours of flight training in this and their other Bell Helicopter 206L4 aircraft. In addition to standard flight training, this aircraft will be the primary ship for the Iron County Sheriff’s Department’s Air Operations Unit which utilizes SUU instructor pilots and aircraft for search and locate, and law enforcement missions.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator