Meridian Helicopters LLC, announced it has sold and delivered a Bell Helicopter 206L4 to Southern Utah University (SUU).
The Meridian Helicopters completion of the aircraft consisted of many freshly overhauled components and engine. A complete Garmin avionics package was installed with compliance to the FAA ADS-B out requirements. The avionics package was finished with night vision (NVG) capabilities and Bose headsets. Cosmetically, the aircraft was treated to all new interior and SUU custom exterior paint. Additionally, a new interior including seating, complete interior trim and windows were installed. The aircraft was equipped with full external cargo equipment from Onboard including cargo hook with load cell, an external torque meter and long line. Finishing the SUU requirements was a particle separator and dual aircraft controls.
“Our relationship with SUU began with the lease of two Bell Helicopter 206L4’s a few years ago”, states Michael Bashlor – Managing Partner, Meridian Helicopters. “When the opportunity to deliver a mission equipped aircraft for them presented itself, we did not hesitate. A complete aircraft refurbishment is a large responsibility and we approached this extension of trust from SUU with pride.”
Southern Utah University’s Aviation Department is the nation’s premier helicopter flight school and will be utilizing the refurbished aircraft for the advanced training of it’s students. All SUU helicopter students will receive 20 hours of flight training in this and their other Bell Helicopter 206L4 aircraft. In addition to standard flight training, this aircraft will be the primary ship for the Iron County Sheriff’s Department’s Air Operations Unit which utilizes SUU instructor pilots and aircraft for search and locate, and law enforcement missions.
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats