ZF is constantly advancing vehicle electrification. Now, ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH presents at the largest trade fair for the international helicopter community, HAI Heli-Expo 2019, its vision in the electrified future of aviation.
Products of ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH and the entire ZF Group stand for reliability, quality and innovation and they are based on groundbreaking technical solutions. The research and development efforts enable ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH to support customers in developing Intelligent Mechanical Systems for the helicopters of the future through technological leadership. At the HAI Heli-Expo 2019, ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH will demonstrate its vision in the electrified future of aviation with a model of an electrical tail rotor. The objectives of these innovative electric drive train systems are higher safety through redundancy, reduced direct operation costs and enhanced fuel economy by variable power consumption. With this vision, ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH pioneers electric mobility in helicopter systems.
ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH remains true to its core competency
ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH will not only present its vision for the future of electrified aviation, but also its core business of conventional helicopter transmissions, service activities and test bench technology. With over 100 years of experience in the aviation industry, ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH is an OEM independent partner for the design, development, production and sustainment of helicopter transmission systems. More than 10,000 gearboxes have been delivered to many international helicopter OEM’s. The know-how in the field of Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) is built on wide-ranging experience with over 100,000 components delivered as well as more than 5,000 developed repair schemes. As a specialist for the development and production of transmissions, ZF knows what is important when testing drive systems. Therefore, ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH provides and supplies its customers with individual and multipurpose solutions for test bench technology as turn-key projects. The universal transmission and rotor test benches (e.g. whirl towers) by ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH are used in-house and by many international helicopter manufacturers and operators all over the world.
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual
- EHang to Provide UAM Services in Hengqin New Area in Zhuhai, China
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New QMS Compliance Manager
- CAE partners with The LOSA Collaborative
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021