ZF is constantly advancing vehicle electrification. Now, ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH presents at the largest trade fair for the international helicopter community, HAI Heli-Expo 2019, its vision in the electrified future of aviation.
Products of ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH and the entire ZF Group stand for reliability, quality and innovation and they are based on groundbreaking technical solutions. The research and development efforts enable ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH to support customers in developing Intelligent Mechanical Systems for the helicopters of the future through technological leadership. At the HAI Heli-Expo 2019, ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH will demonstrate its vision in the electrified future of aviation with a model of an electrical tail rotor. The objectives of these innovative electric drive train systems are higher safety through redundancy, reduced direct operation costs and enhanced fuel economy by variable power consumption. With this vision, ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH pioneers electric mobility in helicopter systems.
ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH remains true to its core competency
ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH will not only present its vision for the future of electrified aviation, but also its core business of conventional helicopter transmissions, service activities and test bench technology. With over 100 years of experience in the aviation industry, ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH is an OEM independent partner for the design, development, production and sustainment of helicopter transmission systems. More than 10,000 gearboxes have been delivered to many international helicopter OEM’s. The know-how in the field of Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) is built on wide-ranging experience with over 100,000 components delivered as well as more than 5,000 developed repair schemes. As a specialist for the development and production of transmissions, ZF knows what is important when testing drive systems. Therefore, ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH provides and supplies its customers with individual and multipurpose solutions for test bench technology as turn-key projects. The universal transmission and rotor test benches (e.g. whirl towers) by ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH are used in-house and by many international helicopter manufacturers and operators all over the world.
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats