ZF is constantly advancing vehicle electrification. Now, ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH presents at the largest trade fair for the international helicopter community, HAI Heli-Expo 2019, its vision in the electrified future of aviation.
Products of ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH and the entire ZF Group stand for reliability, quality and innovation and they are based on groundbreaking technical solutions. The research and development efforts enable ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH to support customers in developing Intelligent Mechanical Systems for the helicopters of the future through technological leadership. At the HAI Heli-Expo 2019, ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH will demonstrate its vision in the electrified future of aviation with a model of an electrical tail rotor. The objectives of these innovative electric drive train systems are higher safety through redundancy, reduced direct operation costs and enhanced fuel economy by variable power consumption. With this vision, ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH pioneers electric mobility in helicopter systems.
ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH remains true to its core competency
ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH will not only present its vision for the future of electrified aviation, but also its core business of conventional helicopter transmissions, service activities and test bench technology. With over 100 years of experience in the aviation industry, ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH is an OEM independent partner for the design, development, production and sustainment of helicopter transmission systems. More than 10,000 gearboxes have been delivered to many international helicopter OEM’s. The know-how in the field of Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) is built on wide-ranging experience with over 100,000 components delivered as well as more than 5,000 developed repair schemes. As a specialist for the development and production of transmissions, ZF knows what is important when testing drive systems. Therefore, ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH provides and supplies its customers with individual and multipurpose solutions for test bench technology as turn-key projects. The universal transmission and rotor test benches (e.g. whirl towers) by ZF Luftfahrttechnik GmbH are used in-house and by many international helicopter manufacturers and operators all over the world.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator