Aftermarket aircraft parts manufacturer and engine inlet barrier filter (IBF) innovator, Aerometals has announced a developmental program to certify an engine inlet barrier filter system for the Airbus H225 transport category helicopter. Due to industry demand, Aerometals has entered a cooperative agreement with engine manufacturer Safran Helicopter Engines to develop the next generation engine inlet barrier filter (IBF).
Using the most advanced computational flow modeling software, the company will optimize engine inlet flow efficiencies while providing maximum protection capabilities. Aerometals will enter flight testing in May 2019 with Airtelis, a H225 operator specializing in aerial powerline work in Western Europe. Final development, certification and production is expected prior to year-end 2019.
Designed to protect engines from foreign object damage, compressor erosion, fouling and corrosive salt nuclei effects (coastal operations), the investment result will be a significant reduction in premature removal and potentially reduced overhaul costs.
Aerometals will host a reception on 5 March during the HAI Heli-Expo in Atlanta, Georgia at 3:00 PM on exhibit C429.
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards