Aftermarket aircraft parts manufacturer and engine inlet barrier filter (IBF) innovator, Aerometals has announced a developmental program to certify an engine inlet barrier filter system for the Airbus H225 transport category helicopter. Due to industry demand, Aerometals has entered a cooperative agreement with engine manufacturer Safran Helicopter Engines to develop the next generation engine inlet barrier filter (IBF).
Using the most advanced computational flow modeling software, the company will optimize engine inlet flow efficiencies while providing maximum protection capabilities. Aerometals will enter flight testing in May 2019 with Airtelis, a H225 operator specializing in aerial powerline work in Western Europe. Final development, certification and production is expected prior to year-end 2019.
Designed to protect engines from foreign object damage, compressor erosion, fouling and corrosive salt nuclei effects (coastal operations), the investment result will be a significant reduction in premature removal and potentially reduced overhaul costs.
Aerometals will host a reception on 5 March during the HAI Heli-Expo in Atlanta, Georgia at 3:00 PM on exhibit C429.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator