DART Aerospace has officially announced the launch of its new AW139 Replacement Skylight Window.
In order to provide improved durability to AW139 operators, DART’s Skylights are constructed from singlelayered and specially coated polycarbonate, which offers direct replacement to the current OEM laminated acrylic window.
DART completed extensive DO-160 testing on the product, including extreme temperature, vibration and operational shock tests as well as impact tests. In addition to these tests, the DART engineering team ensured that the Skylight was subjected to a 300-hour in-service testing period with the support of an offshore operator, maneuvering in harsh flight conditions, before official entry into service of the product.
“It’s been a long journey to test and certify this product. Given the operating environment that these parts are exposed to, our R&D capabilities were pushed to the limits in order to bring an improved product to market for our AW139 customers,” states David Shepherd, Vice-President of Certification at DART Aerospace.
Some interesting features to this new product include:
• compatibility with current installations,
• competitive pricing,
• great lead times, and
• availability in both clear & bronze tints
DART’s AW139 Skylights are STC certified by TCCA, FAA, EASA, ANAC.
“DART focuses strongly on replacement parts, which are important components to operators in the industry. DART aims to continue having a strong presence in the replacement parts market,” continues Steve Ghaleb, Vice-President of Commercial Operations at DART Aerospace.
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139