DART Aerospace has officially announced the launch of its new AW139 Replacement Skylight Window.
In order to provide improved durability to AW139 operators, DART’s Skylights are constructed from singlelayered and specially coated polycarbonate, which offers direct replacement to the current OEM laminated acrylic window.
DART completed extensive DO-160 testing on the product, including extreme temperature, vibration and operational shock tests as well as impact tests. In addition to these tests, the DART engineering team ensured that the Skylight was subjected to a 300-hour in-service testing period with the support of an offshore operator, maneuvering in harsh flight conditions, before official entry into service of the product.
“It’s been a long journey to test and certify this product. Given the operating environment that these parts are exposed to, our R&D capabilities were pushed to the limits in order to bring an improved product to market for our AW139 customers,” states David Shepherd, Vice-President of Certification at DART Aerospace.
Some interesting features to this new product include:
• compatibility with current installations,
• competitive pricing,
• great lead times, and
• availability in both clear & bronze tints
DART’s AW139 Skylights are STC certified by TCCA, FAA, EASA, ANAC.
“DART focuses strongly on replacement parts, which are important components to operators in the industry. DART aims to continue having a strong presence in the replacement parts market,” continues Steve Ghaleb, Vice-President of Commercial Operations at DART Aerospace.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award