Heli-One, a leading global provider of helicopter maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services, has received Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval for its luxury interior upgrade from Transport Canada and the Malaysia Department of Civil Aviation. This STC is from the S76B VVIP upgrade project recently completed for a customer in Asia. The cabin has been redesigned with first class amenities to offer passengers a luxurious flight experience.
The STC covers the completely redesigned interior including:
Multi-spectral LED lighting: Passengers can choose from a selection of light settings that can be fully customized depending on time of day or flight situation. Controls for the lighting system are via touch-screen displays in-cabin or remotely via iPad.
Entertainment on Demand: Passengers have access to audio and/or visual entertainment shown on a 15-inch display in the cabin. Passengers can also follow along their flight’s progress with the live Flight Show. The system is controlled through various touch screen controls (two wall panels, credenza display) and remotely through iPad or a smartphone app.
Inter-Cabin Conferencing: Noise-cancelling headsets reduce operational noise while a conferencing system allows passengers to communicate with each other or the flight crew.
All-Leather Interior: Installed with care by Port Aircraft Interiors. The all-leather seats were custom shaped and feature gold-embroidered detail representing the customer.
Carbon Fiber Furnishings: Port Aircraft Interiors also custom-created the carbon fiber credenza and convertible table with a polished dark finish, offsetting the gold-plated hardware in the cabin.
External Cameras: Passengers can monitor the external environment at any time during flight via two cameras installed in the tail boom (front view) and belly (pan/tilt/zoom functionality).
“Our entire team are privileged to work on this aircraft and we are certain the customer and their flight crew will enjoy the all-new interior,” said Eddie Lane, President, Heli-One. “The upgrades feature the latest in aviation technology to facilitate a truly first-class flight experience.”
Heli-One has extensive experience supporting the S-76 and is an Approved Sikorsky S-76 Customer Support Center and Gearbox Overhaul facility. The Design team has developed more than 50 postdelivery modifications and hundreds of proprietary repairs for this aircraft type.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software