With a long history of producing quality helicopter pilots, Hillsboro Aero Academy has realigned its operations to focus more on those roots. Founded as a one-helicopter flight school in 1980, the academy has grown in size and scope to offer both helicopter and airplane training for domestic and international students, in addition to supporting three college programs and veterans using the GI Bill. With this diversity of operations, Hillsboro Aero Academy realized it needed to provide a dedicated campus solely focused on helicopter training. With anticipated increasing demand for helicopter pilots in the coming years, there is a crucial need for quality pilot training.
In an effort to provide the highest quality training, Hillsboro Heli Academy was created. Hillsboro Heli Academy, a division of Hillsboro Aero Academy, will continue the tradition of industry-leading pilot training started in 1980 under a new name. It will be focused exclusively on helicopter training and be based in Troutdale, Oregon. Hillsboro Heli Academy will have its own dedicated campus and the academy’s entire fleet of helicopters will be based at this location. Having all helicopter operations in one location allows the training and operations teams to be solely focused on the curriculum and training of its students. And most importantly, it builds a community of like-minded students with similar goals and passion. This camaraderie is a vital component to providing support for students during their training and throughout their career in the helicopter industry.
“This newly focused hub for the helicopter school will give our students the attention they deserve and focus they need to succeed in their training,” said Jared Friend, Helicopter School General Manager.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator