With a long history of producing quality helicopter pilots, Hillsboro Aero Academy has realigned its operations to focus more on those roots. Founded as a one-helicopter flight school in 1980, the academy has grown in size and scope to offer both helicopter and airplane training for domestic and international students, in addition to supporting three college programs and veterans using the GI Bill. With this diversity of operations, Hillsboro Aero Academy realized it needed to provide a dedicated campus solely focused on helicopter training. With anticipated increasing demand for helicopter pilots in the coming years, there is a crucial need for quality pilot training.
In an effort to provide the highest quality training, Hillsboro Heli Academy was created. Hillsboro Heli Academy, a division of Hillsboro Aero Academy, will continue the tradition of industry-leading pilot training started in 1980 under a new name. It will be focused exclusively on helicopter training and be based in Troutdale, Oregon. Hillsboro Heli Academy will have its own dedicated campus and the academy’s entire fleet of helicopters will be based at this location. Having all helicopter operations in one location allows the training and operations teams to be solely focused on the curriculum and training of its students. And most importantly, it builds a community of like-minded students with similar goals and passion. This camaraderie is a vital component to providing support for students during their training and throughout their career in the helicopter industry.
“This newly focused hub for the helicopter school will give our students the attention they deserve and focus they need to succeed in their training,” said Jared Friend, Helicopter School General Manager.
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats