Tanis Aircraft Products announced today the FAA Supplemental Type Certification SR04343CH and the availability of its helicopter preconditioning system for the Erickson S-64 Aircrane.
Erickson is a leading aerospace manufacturer and global provider of aviation services that operates, maintains and manufactures utility aircraft to safely transport and place people and cargo around the world. Erickson owns the world’s largest S-64 Aircrane fleet of 20 helicopters with more than 50 aircraft. The Aircrane Helitanker is recognized throughout the industry as one of the most efficient and largest fire-fighting machines in the world. The company is self-reliant, multifaceted, and operates in remote locations under challenging conditions specializing in Defense and National Security, Manufacturing and MRO, and Commercial Aviation Services (comprised of firefighting, HVAC, transmission line, construction, timber harvesting, oil and gas and specialty lift). Erickson is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, and operates in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Australia. For more information, please visit their website at www.ericksoninc.com.
Tanis manufactures the only heli-preheat system that thoroughly and safely preconditions all critical components. Helicopter preconditioning systems typically include heating elements for the engine, main rotor gear box, accessory gear box, tail rotor gear box, fuel control unit, hydraulic tanks, oil coolers, avionics, cabins, and batteries. With a Tanis System you are assured that heat is thoroughly applied in a safe and reliable manner which reduces maintenance costs and fuel consumption. Preconditioning adds to operational reliability, safety, utility, and reliable starts in all weather conditions.
Doug Evink, Tanis President/CEO commented that: “Aviation Safety Starts with Tanis. A Tanis system is the only solution to provide heat to all the critical helicopter components. Our line of Heli-preconditioning kits and accessories are the gold standard of the Aviation Industry. We are excited to be supporting Erickson in their continued success by contributing to their reliability and safety of operations. “
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats