Tanis Aircraft Products announced today the FAA Supplemental Type Certification SR04343CH and the availability of its helicopter preconditioning system for the Erickson S-64 Aircrane.
Erickson is a leading aerospace manufacturer and global provider of aviation services that operates, maintains and manufactures utility aircraft to safely transport and place people and cargo around the world. Erickson owns the world’s largest S-64 Aircrane fleet of 20 helicopters with more than 50 aircraft. The Aircrane Helitanker is recognized throughout the industry as one of the most efficient and largest fire-fighting machines in the world. The company is self-reliant, multifaceted, and operates in remote locations under challenging conditions specializing in Defense and National Security, Manufacturing and MRO, and Commercial Aviation Services (comprised of firefighting, HVAC, transmission line, construction, timber harvesting, oil and gas and specialty lift). Erickson is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, and operates in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Australia. For more information, please visit their website at www.ericksoninc.com.
Tanis manufactures the only heli-preheat system that thoroughly and safely preconditions all critical components. Helicopter preconditioning systems typically include heating elements for the engine, main rotor gear box, accessory gear box, tail rotor gear box, fuel control unit, hydraulic tanks, oil coolers, avionics, cabins, and batteries. With a Tanis System you are assured that heat is thoroughly applied in a safe and reliable manner which reduces maintenance costs and fuel consumption. Preconditioning adds to operational reliability, safety, utility, and reliable starts in all weather conditions.
Doug Evink, Tanis President/CEO commented that: “Aviation Safety Starts with Tanis. A Tanis system is the only solution to provide heat to all the critical helicopter components. Our line of Heli-preconditioning kits and accessories are the gold standard of the Aviation Industry. We are excited to be supporting Erickson in their continued success by contributing to their reliability and safety of operations. “
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation
- COVID-19 – Rotorcorp COVID-19 Virus Status & Response
- Helitech World Expo (ex Vertical Flight Expo) picks April 2021 dates
- COVID-19 – British helicopter industry steps up – but still needs more help
- Maryland State Police mark 50 years of medevac flights
- Shady Cove airport opens new helipad