Tanis Aircraft Products announced today the FAA Supplemental Type Certification SR04343CH and the availability of its helicopter preconditioning system for the Erickson S-64 Aircrane.
Erickson is a leading aerospace manufacturer and global provider of aviation services that operates, maintains and manufactures utility aircraft to safely transport and place people and cargo around the world. Erickson owns the world’s largest S-64 Aircrane fleet of 20 helicopters with more than 50 aircraft. The Aircrane Helitanker is recognized throughout the industry as one of the most efficient and largest fire-fighting machines in the world. The company is self-reliant, multifaceted, and operates in remote locations under challenging conditions specializing in Defense and National Security, Manufacturing and MRO, and Commercial Aviation Services (comprised of firefighting, HVAC, transmission line, construction, timber harvesting, oil and gas and specialty lift). Erickson is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, and operates in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Australia. For more information, please visit their website at www.ericksoninc.com.
Tanis manufactures the only heli-preheat system that thoroughly and safely preconditions all critical components. Helicopter preconditioning systems typically include heating elements for the engine, main rotor gear box, accessory gear box, tail rotor gear box, fuel control unit, hydraulic tanks, oil coolers, avionics, cabins, and batteries. With a Tanis System you are assured that heat is thoroughly applied in a safe and reliable manner which reduces maintenance costs and fuel consumption. Preconditioning adds to operational reliability, safety, utility, and reliable starts in all weather conditions.
Doug Evink, Tanis President/CEO commented that: “Aviation Safety Starts with Tanis. A Tanis system is the only solution to provide heat to all the critical helicopter components. Our line of Heli-preconditioning kits and accessories are the gold standard of the Aviation Industry. We are excited to be supporting Erickson in their continued success by contributing to their reliability and safety of operations. “
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software