Tanis Aircraft Products announced today the FAA Supplemental Type Certification SR04343CH and the availability of its helicopter preconditioning system for the Erickson S-64 Aircrane.
Erickson is a leading aerospace manufacturer and global provider of aviation services that operates, maintains and manufactures utility aircraft to safely transport and place people and cargo around the world. Erickson owns the world’s largest S-64 Aircrane fleet of 20 helicopters with more than 50 aircraft. The Aircrane Helitanker is recognized throughout the industry as one of the most efficient and largest fire-fighting machines in the world. The company is self-reliant, multifaceted, and operates in remote locations under challenging conditions specializing in Defense and National Security, Manufacturing and MRO, and Commercial Aviation Services (comprised of firefighting, HVAC, transmission line, construction, timber harvesting, oil and gas and specialty lift). Erickson is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, and operates in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Australia. For more information, please visit their website at www.ericksoninc.com.
Tanis manufactures the only heli-preheat system that thoroughly and safely preconditions all critical components. Helicopter preconditioning systems typically include heating elements for the engine, main rotor gear box, accessory gear box, tail rotor gear box, fuel control unit, hydraulic tanks, oil coolers, avionics, cabins, and batteries. With a Tanis System you are assured that heat is thoroughly applied in a safe and reliable manner which reduces maintenance costs and fuel consumption. Preconditioning adds to operational reliability, safety, utility, and reliable starts in all weather conditions.
Doug Evink, Tanis President/CEO commented that: “Aviation Safety Starts with Tanis. A Tanis system is the only solution to provide heat to all the critical helicopter components. Our line of Heli-preconditioning kits and accessories are the gold standard of the Aviation Industry. We are excited to be supporting Erickson in their continued success by contributing to their reliability and safety of operations. “
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator