CHC Group announced that the Australian business unit has completed the roll out of six new generation Leonardo AW139 aircraft to replace the S-76 SAR helicopter fleet flying for the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF).
The final AW139 will be on base in East Sale by mid-March after the first aircraft was introduced in Victoria a little more than a year ago.
The AW139 aircraft are search and rescue configured with four-axis auto hover, allowing them to hover over water at night. CHC is the most experienced operator of auto hover technology in Australia. The crews also use white phosphorus night vision technology, introduced into Australia by CHC, which offers greater range and vision clarity than any other existing technology.
CHC Helicopter operates and provides their services to the Royal Australian Air Force, Australian Navy and the Australian Army. The new AW139 aircraft will be in addition to the current AW139 night vision goggle capable, four-axis auto hover machine currently servicing the Australian Navy since May 2017.
“We’re delighted to be able to upgrade our SAR fleet for the Royal Australia Air Force,” said Vincent D’Rozario, CHC’s Regional Director for Asia Pacific. “CHC Helicopter has worked closely with the RAAF for almost 30 years and it is a pleasure to provide of a more capable, new generation aircraft. Fitted with four-access auto hover capabilities and CHC’s award winning night vision technology, we know these aircraft will prove invaluable support during training exercises.”
Leonardo said: “We are glad to finalize the deliveries of the AW139 for such an important program. CHC is one of Leonardo’s most trusted partners worldwide and we are proud that our helicopters are operated by RAAF for such a critical mission.”
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee