Macquarie Group Limited (ASX; MQG; ADR: MQBKY) announced today that Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing has completed the acquisition of a helicopter portfolio from Waypoint Leasing Holdings Ltd. (“Waypoint”) and its subsidiaries.
The portfolio acquired from Waypoint comprises 120 medium and heavy helicopters leased to approximately 30 operators as well as a number of firm and option order positions with Airbus Helicopters. Former Waypoint staff are transferring to Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing, further extending the scale and capability of Macquarie’s existing asset management platform.
Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing Chief Executive Officer John Petkovic said: “This is a transformational opportunity for Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing. The strategic acquisition of a diversified helicopter fleet, combined with the experience of our expanded team and the support of the wider Macquarie Group uniquely positions Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing as a leader in the development of the helicopter leasing and financing sector. We will be looking to assist our customers to expand their businesses across a range of sectors with the right financing options and assets.”
Macquarie’s Head of Transportation Finance, Stephen Cook said: “This significant expansion of Macquarie’s helicopter business is a strong endorsement of our strategy in the transportation sector. Macquarie’s combined financial and specialised asset management expertise offers innovative solutions for customers in the transportation asset finance space.”
The acquisition was funded from existing internal Macquarie Group funding sources.
About Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing
Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing is a full-service helicopter operating leasing business focused on the growing, worldwide demand for commercial helicopters in industries such as offshore oil and gas, medical transport, search and rescue, utility and executive transport. Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing provides operators a progressive new approach to helicopter leasing and financing, designed to optimize fleet management and operational success. For more information, visit www.macquarierotorcraft.com.
About Macquarie Group
Macquarie Group (Macquarie) is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services. Macquarie’s main business focus is making returns by providing a diversified range of services to clients. Macquarie acts on behalf of institutional, corporate and retail clients and counterparties around the world. Founded in 1969, Macquarie operates in more than 70 office locations in 27 countries. Macquarie employs approximately 15,110 people and has assets under management of more than A$532.1 billion (as of December 31, 2018). For further information, visit www.macquarie.com.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment