Macquarie Group Limited (ASX; MQG; ADR: MQBKY) announced today that Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing has completed the acquisition of a helicopter portfolio from Waypoint Leasing Holdings Ltd. (“Waypoint”) and its subsidiaries.
The portfolio acquired from Waypoint comprises 120 medium and heavy helicopters leased to approximately 30 operators as well as a number of firm and option order positions with Airbus Helicopters. Former Waypoint staff are transferring to Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing, further extending the scale and capability of Macquarie’s existing asset management platform.
Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing Chief Executive Officer John Petkovic said: “This is a transformational opportunity for Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing. The strategic acquisition of a diversified helicopter fleet, combined with the experience of our expanded team and the support of the wider Macquarie Group uniquely positions Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing as a leader in the development of the helicopter leasing and financing sector. We will be looking to assist our customers to expand their businesses across a range of sectors with the right financing options and assets.”
Macquarie’s Head of Transportation Finance, Stephen Cook said: “This significant expansion of Macquarie’s helicopter business is a strong endorsement of our strategy in the transportation sector. Macquarie’s combined financial and specialised asset management expertise offers innovative solutions for customers in the transportation asset finance space.”
The acquisition was funded from existing internal Macquarie Group funding sources.
About Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing
Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing is a full-service helicopter operating leasing business focused on the growing, worldwide demand for commercial helicopters in industries such as offshore oil and gas, medical transport, search and rescue, utility and executive transport. Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing provides operators a progressive new approach to helicopter leasing and financing, designed to optimize fleet management and operational success. For more information, visit www.macquarierotorcraft.com.
About Macquarie Group
Macquarie Group (Macquarie) is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services. Macquarie’s main business focus is making returns by providing a diversified range of services to clients. Macquarie acts on behalf of institutional, corporate and retail clients and counterparties around the world. Founded in 1969, Macquarie operates in more than 70 office locations in 27 countries. Macquarie employs approximately 15,110 people and has assets under management of more than A$532.1 billion (as of December 31, 2018). For further information, visit www.macquarie.com.
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- PHi report on results for the year to 31 December 2018
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- Hensoldt enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5