Tanis Aircraft Products announces the receipt of a FAA Supplemental Type Certification number SR04347CH and the availability of its helicopter preconditioning system for the MD 902.
Tanis manufactures the only Heli-preheat system that thoroughly and safely preconditions all critical components. Helicopter preconditioning systems typically include heating elements for the engine, main rotor gear box, accessory gear box, tail rotor gear box, fuel control unit, hydraulic tanks, oil coolers, avionics, cabins, and batteries. With a Tanis System you are assured that heat is thoroughly applied in a safe and reliable manner which reduces maintenance costs and fuel consumption. Preconditioning adds to operational reliability, safety, utility, and reliable starts in all weather conditions.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is building upon a tradition of excellence. The MDHI family of helicopters includes both civil and military variants of the legendary MD 500® series helicopters, as well as a fleet of technologically advanced NOTAR® helicopters that include the twin engine MD 902 Explorer®. MD Helicopters provides state-of-the-art technology to enhance operator value, offers total support of their products wherever and whenever it’s needed, and keeps adapting their organization and the way they do business to make sure they continue to build upon a tradition of excellence and meeting their customer’s high expectations for quality, service and support.
Doug Evink, Tanis President/CEO commented that: “Aviation Safety Starts with Tanis. Tanis stands for the most technologically-advanced preconditioning systems in the world. A Tanis system is the only solution to provide heat to all the critical helicopter components. We are excited to be supporting MD Helicopters, Air Methods, and Cox Air Care in their continued success by contributing to their reliability and safety of operations. “
Since starting our business in 1974, we were the first to develop engine-mounted preheat systems for piston engines, first to offer helicopter preheat, first to offer turbine preheat, and the first and only company to meet the rigorous requirements for FAA Supplement Type Certification. Tanis Preheat Systems have been tested in the harshest climates available including Siberia, the South and North Poles, and throughout the Arctic.
Tanis Aircraft Products are manufactured in Glenwood, MN and has its corporate office located in Blaine, MN.
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support
- Eemshaven Heliport receives first flight
- MINT Turbines Names New General Manager
- Norwegian Government commits to rescue helicopter base at Tromso by 2022
- CIA Museum adds Mil MI-17 helicopter
- New hangar for Tuscaloosa Police
- REACH 6 celebrates 15 years of service