Tanis Aircraft Products announces the receipt of a FAA Supplemental Type Certification number SR04347CH and the availability of its helicopter preconditioning system for the MD 902.
Tanis manufactures the only Heli-preheat system that thoroughly and safely preconditions all critical components. Helicopter preconditioning systems typically include heating elements for the engine, main rotor gear box, accessory gear box, tail rotor gear box, fuel control unit, hydraulic tanks, oil coolers, avionics, cabins, and batteries. With a Tanis System you are assured that heat is thoroughly applied in a safe and reliable manner which reduces maintenance costs and fuel consumption. Preconditioning adds to operational reliability, safety, utility, and reliable starts in all weather conditions.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is building upon a tradition of excellence. The MDHI family of helicopters includes both civil and military variants of the legendary MD 500® series helicopters, as well as a fleet of technologically advanced NOTAR® helicopters that include the twin engine MD 902 Explorer®. MD Helicopters provides state-of-the-art technology to enhance operator value, offers total support of their products wherever and whenever it’s needed, and keeps adapting their organization and the way they do business to make sure they continue to build upon a tradition of excellence and meeting their customer’s high expectations for quality, service and support.
Doug Evink, Tanis President/CEO commented that: “Aviation Safety Starts with Tanis. Tanis stands for the most technologically-advanced preconditioning systems in the world. A Tanis system is the only solution to provide heat to all the critical helicopter components. We are excited to be supporting MD Helicopters, Air Methods, and Cox Air Care in their continued success by contributing to their reliability and safety of operations. “
Since starting our business in 1974, we were the first to develop engine-mounted preheat systems for piston engines, first to offer helicopter preheat, first to offer turbine preheat, and the first and only company to meet the rigorous requirements for FAA Supplement Type Certification. Tanis Preheat Systems have been tested in the harshest climates available including Siberia, the South and North Poles, and throughout the Arctic.
Tanis Aircraft Products are manufactured in Glenwood, MN and has its corporate office located in Blaine, MN.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020