Astronautics Corporation of America is introducing a new family of flight and mission-critical displays called Ibex.This new family of displays is light weight, rugged,and designed to meet the requirements of military helicopters and aircraft in all environments.“The Ibex family are light weight, passively-cooled flight and mission-critical displays designed for the highest reliability in the toughest environments,” said Astronautics President Chad Cundiff.
“We are using a semi-smart, scalable firmware electronics platform that can be easily tailored across a range of display sizes and interfaces. Ibexis designed for high-brightness cockpits that also require best-in-class contrast ratios. The display family supports touchscreen or bezel button configurations.”
Ibex interfaces to mission systems via advanced graphics interfaces, including ARINC 818. Ibex displays are qualified to shock, high altitude, and extreme temperatures to meet all mission requirements.The first 5×5-inch Ibex production units will deliver to customers in the second quarter of 2019. Ibex also supports multiple display sizes—6×8-inch,8×10-inch, 18×8-inch, etc.—through its flexible core architecture.
Astronautics’ midsize and in-house design capabilities enabled the rapid development of this new display family, incorporating key building blocks from its proven Badger integrated system and RoadRunner™electronic flight instrument families. Ibex uses its flexible platform for customization based on specific customer needs.
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain