Boeing [NYSE: BA] completed the acquisition of ForeFlight, a leading provider of innovative mobile and web-based aviation applications.
ForeFlight has partnered with Boeing for the past two years to bring aviators Jeppesen’s aeronautical data and charts through ForeFlight’s popular mobile platforms. Now, the teams will integrate talent and offerings to bring innovative, expanded digital solutions to all segments of the aviation industry.
“We are excited to build on ForeFlight’s tremendous success in personal, business and defense aviation so we can provide next-generation, integrated tools to our aviation customers today,” said Ken Sain, Boeing Vice President of Digital Solutions and Analytics. “This acquisition also expands Boeing’s rapidly growing, unparalleled digital services portfolio which will enable us to compete and win in the $2.8 trillion, 10-year services market.”
The acquisition of ForeFlight aligns with Boeing’s growth strategy of complementing organic investments with targeted, strategic investments that position the company for long-term growth.
“We are inspired by the future built at Boeing and what our teams will be able to create by coming together,” said Tyson Weihs, co-founder and CEO of ForeFlight. “Our companies share a passion for delivering customers the essential tools that drive efficiency, productivity, and safety.”
Terms of the approved deal are not being disclosed and do not affect Boeing’s financial guidance or the company’s commitment to returning approximately 100 percent of free cash flow to shareholders.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ForeFlight has approximately 180 employees.
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules