Boeing [NYSE: BA] completed the acquisition of ForeFlight, a leading provider of innovative mobile and web-based aviation applications.
ForeFlight has partnered with Boeing for the past two years to bring aviators Jeppesen’s aeronautical data and charts through ForeFlight’s popular mobile platforms. Now, the teams will integrate talent and offerings to bring innovative, expanded digital solutions to all segments of the aviation industry.
“We are excited to build on ForeFlight’s tremendous success in personal, business and defense aviation so we can provide next-generation, integrated tools to our aviation customers today,” said Ken Sain, Boeing Vice President of Digital Solutions and Analytics. “This acquisition also expands Boeing’s rapidly growing, unparalleled digital services portfolio which will enable us to compete and win in the $2.8 trillion, 10-year services market.”
The acquisition of ForeFlight aligns with Boeing’s growth strategy of complementing organic investments with targeted, strategic investments that position the company for long-term growth.
“We are inspired by the future built at Boeing and what our teams will be able to create by coming together,” said Tyson Weihs, co-founder and CEO of ForeFlight. “Our companies share a passion for delivering customers the essential tools that drive efficiency, productivity, and safety.”
Terms of the approved deal are not being disclosed and do not affect Boeing’s financial guidance or the company’s commitment to returning approximately 100 percent of free cash flow to shareholders.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ForeFlight has approximately 180 employees.
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- PHi report on results for the year to 31 December 2018
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- Hensoldt enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5