Boeing [NYSE: BA] completed the acquisition of ForeFlight, a leading provider of innovative mobile and web-based aviation applications.
ForeFlight has partnered with Boeing for the past two years to bring aviators Jeppesen’s aeronautical data and charts through ForeFlight’s popular mobile platforms. Now, the teams will integrate talent and offerings to bring innovative, expanded digital solutions to all segments of the aviation industry.
“We are excited to build on ForeFlight’s tremendous success in personal, business and defense aviation so we can provide next-generation, integrated tools to our aviation customers today,” said Ken Sain, Boeing Vice President of Digital Solutions and Analytics. “This acquisition also expands Boeing’s rapidly growing, unparalleled digital services portfolio which will enable us to compete and win in the $2.8 trillion, 10-year services market.”
The acquisition of ForeFlight aligns with Boeing’s growth strategy of complementing organic investments with targeted, strategic investments that position the company for long-term growth.
“We are inspired by the future built at Boeing and what our teams will be able to create by coming together,” said Tyson Weihs, co-founder and CEO of ForeFlight. “Our companies share a passion for delivering customers the essential tools that drive efficiency, productivity, and safety.”
Terms of the approved deal are not being disclosed and do not affect Boeing’s financial guidance or the company’s commitment to returning approximately 100 percent of free cash flow to shareholders.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ForeFlight has approximately 180 employees.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment