Helicentre Aviation Academy has announced the winners of its 2018 Professional Helicopter Pilot Scholarship Programme. Tom Oliver from Sheffield received the prestigious Commercial Pilot Scholarship award worth £50,000 (GBP), and Sam Turner from London, the Flight Instructor Scholarship worth £20,000 (GBP).
In addition, thirteen of the academy’s trainee helicopter pilots have received part-funded scholarships towards their Commercial Pilot and Flight Instructor courses. The prize fund totalled an enormous £150,000 (GBP), the most the company has awarded in a single year. A cumulative total of £650,000 (GBP) worth of training has been awarded since 2012.
Tom currently holds a PPL(H) and is a student on the BSc (Hons) Professional Aviation Pilot Practice (Helicopter) degree programme delivered as a joint initiative between Helicentre Aviation and Middlesex University. The scholarship Tom has been awarded will fully fund the flight training costs of the modular CPL(H) course, including ATPL(H)/IR Theoretical Knowledge training and all post-PPL(H) hour building in the Cabri G2 helicopter.
Once qualified as a Commercial Helicopter Pilot, Tom’s total flight time will be close to 200 hours and he will be offered a Line Pilot position with the company. On hearing the news of the award, Tom said “I would like to thank everyone at Helicentre for the opportunity. I am so grateful and ready to buckle down for the hard work so I can progress on with my flying career.”
Helicentre Aviation recently shared the success of 2017 CPL(H) scholarship winner, Janine Lythe, who qualified as a Commercial Pilot earlier this year. The life-changing award paid for all her professional flight training to CPL(H) and she is now ready to start the FI(H) course which will allow her to join the company as a full-time Flight Instructor from June this year.
Applications for Helicentre Aviation’s 2020 Scholarship Programme have now opened. In order to be eligible for selection, applicants must submit their forms by 31st December 2019 and complete their Private Pilot Licence (Helicopter) with Helicentre Aviation before 30th September 2020.
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent