Helicentre Aviation Academy has announced the winners of its 2018 Professional Helicopter Pilot Scholarship Programme. Tom Oliver from Sheffield received the prestigious Commercial Pilot Scholarship award worth £50,000 (GBP), and Sam Turner from London, the Flight Instructor Scholarship worth £20,000 (GBP).
In addition, thirteen of the academy’s trainee helicopter pilots have received part-funded scholarships towards their Commercial Pilot and Flight Instructor courses. The prize fund totalled an enormous £150,000 (GBP), the most the company has awarded in a single year. A cumulative total of £650,000 (GBP) worth of training has been awarded since 2012.
Tom currently holds a PPL(H) and is a student on the BSc (Hons) Professional Aviation Pilot Practice (Helicopter) degree programme delivered as a joint initiative between Helicentre Aviation and Middlesex University. The scholarship Tom has been awarded will fully fund the flight training costs of the modular CPL(H) course, including ATPL(H)/IR Theoretical Knowledge training and all post-PPL(H) hour building in the Cabri G2 helicopter.
Once qualified as a Commercial Helicopter Pilot, Tom’s total flight time will be close to 200 hours and he will be offered a Line Pilot position with the company. On hearing the news of the award, Tom said “I would like to thank everyone at Helicentre for the opportunity. I am so grateful and ready to buckle down for the hard work so I can progress on with my flying career.”
Helicentre Aviation recently shared the success of 2017 CPL(H) scholarship winner, Janine Lythe, who qualified as a Commercial Pilot earlier this year. The life-changing award paid for all her professional flight training to CPL(H) and she is now ready to start the FI(H) course which will allow her to join the company as a full-time Flight Instructor from June this year.
Applications for Helicentre Aviation’s 2020 Scholarship Programme have now opened. In order to be eligible for selection, applicants must submit their forms by 31st December 2019 and complete their Private Pilot Licence (Helicopter) with Helicentre Aviation before 30th September 2020.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation