Helicentre Aviation Academy has announced the winners of its 2018 Professional Helicopter Pilot Scholarship Programme. Tom Oliver from Sheffield received the prestigious Commercial Pilot Scholarship award worth £50,000 (GBP), and Sam Turner from London, the Flight Instructor Scholarship worth £20,000 (GBP).
In addition, thirteen of the academy’s trainee helicopter pilots have received part-funded scholarships towards their Commercial Pilot and Flight Instructor courses. The prize fund totalled an enormous £150,000 (GBP), the most the company has awarded in a single year. A cumulative total of £650,000 (GBP) worth of training has been awarded since 2012.
Tom currently holds a PPL(H) and is a student on the BSc (Hons) Professional Aviation Pilot Practice (Helicopter) degree programme delivered as a joint initiative between Helicentre Aviation and Middlesex University. The scholarship Tom has been awarded will fully fund the flight training costs of the modular CPL(H) course, including ATPL(H)/IR Theoretical Knowledge training and all post-PPL(H) hour building in the Cabri G2 helicopter.
Once qualified as a Commercial Helicopter Pilot, Tom’s total flight time will be close to 200 hours and he will be offered a Line Pilot position with the company. On hearing the news of the award, Tom said “I would like to thank everyone at Helicentre for the opportunity. I am so grateful and ready to buckle down for the hard work so I can progress on with my flying career.”
Helicentre Aviation recently shared the success of 2017 CPL(H) scholarship winner, Janine Lythe, who qualified as a Commercial Pilot earlier this year. The life-changing award paid for all her professional flight training to CPL(H) and she is now ready to start the FI(H) course which will allow her to join the company as a full-time Flight Instructor from June this year.
Applications for Helicentre Aviation’s 2020 Scholarship Programme have now opened. In order to be eligible for selection, applicants must submit their forms by 31st December 2019 and complete their Private Pilot Licence (Helicopter) with Helicentre Aviation before 30th September 2020.
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats