IMT Vislink is showcasing its updated Airborne Video Downlink System (AVDS) with the addition of the TSM-2020 Transport Management System at the HAI HELI-EXPO 2019 (Booth C4338). IMT Vislink’s AVDS is an integrated suite of downlink transmitters, receivers and antennas that creates a comprehensive aerial-based video transmission solution. It is designed to improve situational awareness through real-time HD video surveillance captured from drones, helicopters and other aircraft for display at command centers, mobile units and on video management systems.
IMT Vislink has received tremendous interest in its AVDS system, which is comprised of the HDX-1100, Mini MobilCMDR, CIRAS-x6, CRx6, CRx2 and the new TSM-2020, from both local and international law enforcement and military agencies within the past year. It remains the leading solution for the airborne surveillance industry, reflecting the company’s longstanding commitment to delivering actionable intelligence through mission-critical video communications.
“IMT Vislink is a trusted and valued partner to the armed forces and local law enforcement agencies, primarily because of our reliable, accurate and rapidly deployable video communications systems,” says John Payne, President and COO of Vislink Technologies. “AVDS encompasses our Air-to-Anywhere™ technology that enables real-time video to be collected, distributed and managed across all deployed assets. AVDS provides full compatibility with regional agencies’ large platform, fixed and rotary wing surveillance aircraft platforms, allowing for flexible implementation of current portable and mobile command vehicle downlink receive systems.”
The TSM-2020 is used to collect, aggregate and distribute video captured from a single or multiple receive site applications. It controls and accepts video streams from IMT Vislink’s family of IP diversity receivers for viewing by commanders, staff and other key stakeholders. The TSM-2020 extends critical situational video to an unlimited number of observers who can view the video over any network connection, including wired ethernet, WiFi, IP satellite and IP cellular. Video can be distributed over a secure IP network or the Internet.
Using the IMT eLink Intelligent Aggregation Algorithm (IAA), the TSM-2020 automatically down selects to the best receivers and reconstructs an error-free IP stream. It continuously monitors all connected remote receivers, coordinates all receiver channels and acts as a single point interface. Metadata received from each remote receiver enables the TSM-2020 to analyze and manage total system bandwidth and preselect the best signal. It uses the reconstructed stream to adaptively transcode the received video into various standard streaming formats, and distributes the video, audio and metadata to multiple viewing platforms. Viewing platforms can range from a single PC, smartphones and notepads connected over a cellular network, to an HD video wall. The TSM-2020 also features a local, native-resolution HD decoder with HDMI and SDI outputs for video monitoring.
AVDS is a critical tool for improving situational awareness by giving those on the ground a clear and reliable picture of what is being captured from airborne units, as it adds an additional layer of safety and security to missions. It plays an essential role in surveillance, assessment and deployment operations. including search and rescue operations, narcotics surveillance/interdiction, personnel/cargo transport, inter-agency pursuit coordination, wildfire suppression, emergency medical services transport and patrol support.
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- PHi report on results for the year to 31 December 2018
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- Hensoldt enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5