IMT Vislink is showcasing its updated Airborne Video Downlink System (AVDS) with the addition of the TSM-2020 Transport Management System at the HAI HELI-EXPO 2019 (Booth C4338). IMT Vislink’s AVDS is an integrated suite of downlink transmitters, receivers and antennas that creates a comprehensive aerial-based video transmission solution. It is designed to improve situational awareness through real-time HD video surveillance captured from drones, helicopters and other aircraft for display at command centers, mobile units and on video management systems.
IMT Vislink has received tremendous interest in its AVDS system, which is comprised of the HDX-1100, Mini MobilCMDR, CIRAS-x6, CRx6, CRx2 and the new TSM-2020, from both local and international law enforcement and military agencies within the past year. It remains the leading solution for the airborne surveillance industry, reflecting the company’s longstanding commitment to delivering actionable intelligence through mission-critical video communications.
“IMT Vislink is a trusted and valued partner to the armed forces and local law enforcement agencies, primarily because of our reliable, accurate and rapidly deployable video communications systems,” says John Payne, President and COO of Vislink Technologies. “AVDS encompasses our Air-to-Anywhere™ technology that enables real-time video to be collected, distributed and managed across all deployed assets. AVDS provides full compatibility with regional agencies’ large platform, fixed and rotary wing surveillance aircraft platforms, allowing for flexible implementation of current portable and mobile command vehicle downlink receive systems.”
The TSM-2020 is used to collect, aggregate and distribute video captured from a single or multiple receive site applications. It controls and accepts video streams from IMT Vislink’s family of IP diversity receivers for viewing by commanders, staff and other key stakeholders. The TSM-2020 extends critical situational video to an unlimited number of observers who can view the video over any network connection, including wired ethernet, WiFi, IP satellite and IP cellular. Video can be distributed over a secure IP network or the Internet.
Using the IMT eLink Intelligent Aggregation Algorithm (IAA), the TSM-2020 automatically down selects to the best receivers and reconstructs an error-free IP stream. It continuously monitors all connected remote receivers, coordinates all receiver channels and acts as a single point interface. Metadata received from each remote receiver enables the TSM-2020 to analyze and manage total system bandwidth and preselect the best signal. It uses the reconstructed stream to adaptively transcode the received video into various standard streaming formats, and distributes the video, audio and metadata to multiple viewing platforms. Viewing platforms can range from a single PC, smartphones and notepads connected over a cellular network, to an HD video wall. The TSM-2020 also features a local, native-resolution HD decoder with HDMI and SDI outputs for video monitoring.
AVDS is a critical tool for improving situational awareness by giving those on the ground a clear and reliable picture of what is being captured from airborne units, as it adds an additional layer of safety and security to missions. It plays an essential role in surveillance, assessment and deployment operations. including search and rescue operations, narcotics surveillance/interdiction, personnel/cargo transport, inter-agency pursuit coordination, wildfire suppression, emergency medical services transport and patrol support.
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats