IMT Vislink is showcasing its updated Airborne Video Downlink System (AVDS) with the addition of the TSM-2020 Transport Management System at the HAI HELI-EXPO 2019 (Booth C4338). IMT Vislink’s AVDS is an integrated suite of downlink transmitters, receivers and antennas that creates a comprehensive aerial-based video transmission solution. It is designed to improve situational awareness through real-time HD video surveillance captured from drones, helicopters and other aircraft for display at command centers, mobile units and on video management systems.
IMT Vislink has received tremendous interest in its AVDS system, which is comprised of the HDX-1100, Mini MobilCMDR, CIRAS-x6, CRx6, CRx2 and the new TSM-2020, from both local and international law enforcement and military agencies within the past year. It remains the leading solution for the airborne surveillance industry, reflecting the company’s longstanding commitment to delivering actionable intelligence through mission-critical video communications.
“IMT Vislink is a trusted and valued partner to the armed forces and local law enforcement agencies, primarily because of our reliable, accurate and rapidly deployable video communications systems,” says John Payne, President and COO of Vislink Technologies. “AVDS encompasses our Air-to-Anywhere™ technology that enables real-time video to be collected, distributed and managed across all deployed assets. AVDS provides full compatibility with regional agencies’ large platform, fixed and rotary wing surveillance aircraft platforms, allowing for flexible implementation of current portable and mobile command vehicle downlink receive systems.”
The TSM-2020 is used to collect, aggregate and distribute video captured from a single or multiple receive site applications. It controls and accepts video streams from IMT Vislink’s family of IP diversity receivers for viewing by commanders, staff and other key stakeholders. The TSM-2020 extends critical situational video to an unlimited number of observers who can view the video over any network connection, including wired ethernet, WiFi, IP satellite and IP cellular. Video can be distributed over a secure IP network or the Internet.
Using the IMT eLink Intelligent Aggregation Algorithm (IAA), the TSM-2020 automatically down selects to the best receivers and reconstructs an error-free IP stream. It continuously monitors all connected remote receivers, coordinates all receiver channels and acts as a single point interface. Metadata received from each remote receiver enables the TSM-2020 to analyze and manage total system bandwidth and preselect the best signal. It uses the reconstructed stream to adaptively transcode the received video into various standard streaming formats, and distributes the video, audio and metadata to multiple viewing platforms. Viewing platforms can range from a single PC, smartphones and notepads connected over a cellular network, to an HD video wall. The TSM-2020 also features a local, native-resolution HD decoder with HDMI and SDI outputs for video monitoring.
AVDS is a critical tool for improving situational awareness by giving those on the ground a clear and reliable picture of what is being captured from airborne units, as it adds an additional layer of safety and security to missions. It plays an essential role in surveillance, assessment and deployment operations. including search and rescue operations, narcotics surveillance/interdiction, personnel/cargo transport, inter-agency pursuit coordination, wildfire suppression, emergency medical services transport and patrol support.
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent