Astronautics Corporation of America is providing its AFI 4700 RoadRunner Electronic Flight Instruments (EFIs) to United Rotorcraftas cost-effective, drop-in replacements on two FIREHAWK helicopters operated by the Ventura County Fire Department (VCFD).
The RoadRunner EFIs—two per aircraft—are part of an upgraded avionics package and instrument panel that United Rotorcraft is outfitting for the surplus U.S. Army HH-60L aircraft being repurposed into the new FIREHAWK configuration for the VCFD. The aerial fleet will serve the fire crews and residents of Ventura County, California.
The RoadRunner EFI interfaces seamlessly with modern digital navigation, enabling the FIREHAWKSto fly firefighting and other missions with enhanced safety and reliability.“Enabling our customers to achieve mission success is what we do at Astronautics,” said Astronautics Director of Business Development Robert Koelling. “The RoadRunner EFI provides United Rotorcraft, and ultimately the VCFD, an easy path to upgrade with enhanced capability now and into the future.”
The RoadRunner EFI provides operator readability in all lighting conditions, reduced operating and maintenance costs, and minimal downtime for installation. The EFI install takes less than two hours, and the unit is field upgradeable with new software functionality tailored to meet customer needs and mission requirements. Internal Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning and Synthetic Vision Systems will be available options in 2019, providing operators with additional safety features.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020