Astronautics Corporation of America is providing its AFI 4700 RoadRunner Electronic Flight Instruments (EFIs) to United Rotorcraftas cost-effective, drop-in replacements on two FIREHAWK helicopters operated by the Ventura County Fire Department (VCFD).
The RoadRunner EFIs—two per aircraft—are part of an upgraded avionics package and instrument panel that United Rotorcraft is outfitting for the surplus U.S. Army HH-60L aircraft being repurposed into the new FIREHAWK configuration for the VCFD. The aerial fleet will serve the fire crews and residents of Ventura County, California.
The RoadRunner EFI interfaces seamlessly with modern digital navigation, enabling the FIREHAWKSto fly firefighting and other missions with enhanced safety and reliability.“Enabling our customers to achieve mission success is what we do at Astronautics,” said Astronautics Director of Business Development Robert Koelling. “The RoadRunner EFI provides United Rotorcraft, and ultimately the VCFD, an easy path to upgrade with enhanced capability now and into the future.”
The RoadRunner EFI provides operator readability in all lighting conditions, reduced operating and maintenance costs, and minimal downtime for installation. The EFI install takes less than two hours, and the unit is field upgradeable with new software functionality tailored to meet customer needs and mission requirements. Internal Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning and Synthetic Vision Systems will be available options in 2019, providing operators with additional safety features.
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo