Astronautics Corporation of America is providing its AFI 4700 RoadRunner Electronic Flight Instruments (EFIs) to United Rotorcraftas cost-effective, drop-in replacements on two FIREHAWK helicopters operated by the Ventura County Fire Department (VCFD).
The RoadRunner EFIs—two per aircraft—are part of an upgraded avionics package and instrument panel that United Rotorcraft is outfitting for the surplus U.S. Army HH-60L aircraft being repurposed into the new FIREHAWK configuration for the VCFD. The aerial fleet will serve the fire crews and residents of Ventura County, California.
The RoadRunner EFI interfaces seamlessly with modern digital navigation, enabling the FIREHAWKSto fly firefighting and other missions with enhanced safety and reliability.“Enabling our customers to achieve mission success is what we do at Astronautics,” said Astronautics Director of Business Development Robert Koelling. “The RoadRunner EFI provides United Rotorcraft, and ultimately the VCFD, an easy path to upgrade with enhanced capability now and into the future.”
The RoadRunner EFI provides operator readability in all lighting conditions, reduced operating and maintenance costs, and minimal downtime for installation. The EFI install takes less than two hours, and the unit is field upgradeable with new software functionality tailored to meet customer needs and mission requirements. Internal Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning and Synthetic Vision Systems will be available options in 2019, providing operators with additional safety features.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf