Astronautics Corporation of America is providing its AFI 4700 RoadRunner Electronic Flight Instruments (EFIs) to United Rotorcraftas cost-effective, drop-in replacements on two FIREHAWK helicopters operated by the Ventura County Fire Department (VCFD).
The RoadRunner EFIs—two per aircraft—are part of an upgraded avionics package and instrument panel that United Rotorcraft is outfitting for the surplus U.S. Army HH-60L aircraft being repurposed into the new FIREHAWK configuration for the VCFD. The aerial fleet will serve the fire crews and residents of Ventura County, California.
The RoadRunner EFI interfaces seamlessly with modern digital navigation, enabling the FIREHAWKSto fly firefighting and other missions with enhanced safety and reliability.“Enabling our customers to achieve mission success is what we do at Astronautics,” said Astronautics Director of Business Development Robert Koelling. “The RoadRunner EFI provides United Rotorcraft, and ultimately the VCFD, an easy path to upgrade with enhanced capability now and into the future.”
The RoadRunner EFI provides operator readability in all lighting conditions, reduced operating and maintenance costs, and minimal downtime for installation. The EFI install takes less than two hours, and the unit is field upgradeable with new software functionality tailored to meet customer needs and mission requirements. Internal Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning and Synthetic Vision Systems will be available options in 2019, providing operators with additional safety features.
- Robinson Opens Dedicated MRO Facility
- Christoph 47 with blood and plasma preserves in use
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to receive Government grant
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- LCI successfully closed a new asset-backed helicopter facility
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- HeliTSA secures EASA approval under new Part 147
- DART Aerospace’s E-Commerce Website Now Available Globally
- Life Flight Network Announces Partnership with WhidbeyHealth
- Sikorsky Awarded Patent for Rotor Vector
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance