When Rio de Janeiro-based Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo(“Aeróleo”), a subsidiary of Era Group Inc.,needed a certified cargo-carrying solution for its fleet of AW139s,DART Aerospace (“DART”) answered the challenge, and with resounding success. Aeróleo has provided offshore transportation services in Brazil for over 40 years and recently enhanced its cargo carrying capacity for its 13 AW139s through the purchase of DART’s certified AW139 High Capacity Cargo Nets.
“DART was at the right place at the right time to develop an effective, customized cargo net for Aeróleo’s operations in Brazil, which had met —if not exceeded —their expectations,” says Richard Plourde, DART’s Director of Sales for the Americas.
DART’s AW139 High Capacity Cargo Net, which the company designs and manufactures at its primary facility in Hawkesbury, Ontario, adds 30% more cargo capacity and an extra 160 Ibs (72.5 Kg)to the load-carrying limit over OEM nets. These features, coupled with ease of installation, worked in Aeróleo’s favor as their personnel have only eight minutes to unload and reload the cargo compartment when the aircraft lands on an oil platform.
As a result of DART’s long-standing relationships with aviation authorities all over the world, DART had the AW139 High Capacity Cargo Net certified with Brazil’s National Civil Aviation Agency(“ANAC”), adding peace of mind for the end-user.
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours