When Rio de Janeiro-based Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo(“Aeróleo”), a subsidiary of Era Group Inc.,needed a certified cargo-carrying solution for its fleet of AW139s,DART Aerospace (“DART”) answered the challenge, and with resounding success. Aeróleo has provided offshore transportation services in Brazil for over 40 years and recently enhanced its cargo carrying capacity for its 13 AW139s through the purchase of DART’s certified AW139 High Capacity Cargo Nets.
“DART was at the right place at the right time to develop an effective, customized cargo net for Aeróleo’s operations in Brazil, which had met —if not exceeded —their expectations,” says Richard Plourde, DART’s Director of Sales for the Americas.
DART’s AW139 High Capacity Cargo Net, which the company designs and manufactures at its primary facility in Hawkesbury, Ontario, adds 30% more cargo capacity and an extra 160 Ibs (72.5 Kg)to the load-carrying limit over OEM nets. These features, coupled with ease of installation, worked in Aeróleo’s favor as their personnel have only eight minutes to unload and reload the cargo compartment when the aircraft lands on an oil platform.
As a result of DART’s long-standing relationships with aviation authorities all over the world, DART had the AW139 High Capacity Cargo Net certified with Brazil’s National Civil Aviation Agency(“ANAC”), adding peace of mind for the end-user.
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama