When Rio de Janeiro-based Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo(“Aeróleo”), a subsidiary of Era Group Inc.,needed a certified cargo-carrying solution for its fleet of AW139s,DART Aerospace (“DART”) answered the challenge, and with resounding success. Aeróleo has provided offshore transportation services in Brazil for over 40 years and recently enhanced its cargo carrying capacity for its 13 AW139s through the purchase of DART’s certified AW139 High Capacity Cargo Nets.
“DART was at the right place at the right time to develop an effective, customized cargo net for Aeróleo’s operations in Brazil, which had met —if not exceeded —their expectations,” says Richard Plourde, DART’s Director of Sales for the Americas.
DART’s AW139 High Capacity Cargo Net, which the company designs and manufactures at its primary facility in Hawkesbury, Ontario, adds 30% more cargo capacity and an extra 160 Ibs (72.5 Kg)to the load-carrying limit over OEM nets. These features, coupled with ease of installation, worked in Aeróleo’s favor as their personnel have only eight minutes to unload and reload the cargo compartment when the aircraft lands on an oil platform.
As a result of DART’s long-standing relationships with aviation authorities all over the world, DART had the AW139 High Capacity Cargo Net certified with Brazil’s National Civil Aviation Agency(“ANAC”), adding peace of mind for the end-user.
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report