Falcon Aviation, a leading business aviation services company in the UAE, is exhibiting at the new Saudi International Airshow (12th to 14th March) to highlight its helicopter and business jet VIP air charter services, together with its MRO and FBO capabilities.
“We are very pleased to participate and showcase our various capabilities,” said Captain Raman Oberoi, COO of Falcon Aviation. “We are especially looking forward to meeting prospective customers, and building strong partnerships.”
The region is ideal for helicopter activity, Capt Raman suggests, emphasising Falcon Aviation’s considerable experience in the sector. Its helicopter touring operation in the UAE has grown substantially. Likewise, Falcon Aviation’s helicopter filming activity out of the UAE has experienced growth and in Saudi Arabia (KSA) it is a regular visitor with its fleet of VIP/VVIP charter helicopters and business jets.
GACA approval for Falcon Aviation MRO
Falcon Aviation is looking forward to building on a strengthened aviation relationship with Saudi Arabia. Early in 2019 it won approval from Saudi Arabia’s General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) to provide MRO services on Saudi registered business jets. “We have been approached by a number of Saudi business jet operators and have started taking bookings for base maintenance at our MRO facilities in UAE,” said Nicolas Tejera, Director of Maintenance of Falcon Aviation. “We also offer line maintenance support, parking, hangarage for business jets at our Abu Dhabi and Dubai DWC bases,” he elaborated.
Falcon Aviation is looking forward to formally opening its new MRO for business jets at DWC Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South soon, complementing its established MRO and HQ at Al Bateen Executive Airport in Abu Dhabi. The newly built hangar in over 24,000-sqm land, includes workshops, wash bay and landside office space with an additional 13,000 sqm of apron, providing plenty of aircraft parking spaces. The new facility complements Falcon Aviation’s VIP FBO at Dubai South and heliport (also run and managed by Falcon under its AOC). At the same time, Falcon Aviation’s Al Bateen facility is being expanded to become a leading centre for third party regional turboprop aircraft MRO, supporting Bombardier Q400 aircraft and eventually, other types. Falcon Aviation also offers extensive Helicopter MRO capabilities at the base too.
During the MEBAA Show at the end of 2018 Falcon ratified a new partnership agreement with Honeywell Aerospace to become an authorized Channel Partner in the region. (This programme was created by the OEM to help its regional dealerships to market the company’ solutions more efficiently.) Falcon offers part programmes and technical support.
Kuwait Helicopter Oil Contract commences with Leonardo AW169s
Reinforcing it is open to exploring new opportunities in new regions, with new partners, Falcon Aviation has just commenced a new offshore and onshore operation in Kuwait with three new Leonardo AW169 helicopters dedicated to the Kuwait Oil Company (KOC). Falcon built the new 2,000-sqm hangar at the 160,000 sqm heliport located in the oil company’s premises last year to support the operation.
Over the last four years Falcon Aviation has successfully introduced 19-seat AW189 helicopters for the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) and is now the world’s lead operator of this helicopter type. Similarly, in 2016, to meet the OGP standards for TOTAL oil and gas operations in UAE, it introduced an eight-seat AW169 and is now world leader on the type.
Falcon Aviation’s Managing Director leads the strong Falcon Aviation contingent attending the Saudi International Airshow, which includes senior management from Falcon’s Engineering, FBO and Sales Divisions.
- Robinson Opens Dedicated MRO Facility
- Christoph 47 with blood and plasma preserves in use
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to receive Government grant
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- LCI successfully closed a new asset-backed helicopter facility
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- HeliTSA secures EASA approval under new Part 147
- DART Aerospace’s E-Commerce Website Now Available Globally
- Life Flight Network Announces Partnership with WhidbeyHealth
- Sikorsky Awarded Patent for Rotor Vector
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance