NextGen avionics leader FreeFlight Systems announced a new radar altimeter display system, the RAD45.
This new display was designed to exceed new trend indicator readout regulations required by EASA for helicopter operations. The system also meets all current FAA regulations, providing enhanced inflight safety benefits for pilots both in the United States and abroad. The RAD45 provides critical inflight information to the pilot which is especially important when there are no visual clues to the landscape surrounding the airport or the flight path. This panelmount display is easy to install, programmable via USB or micro SD card, and is compatible with the complete line of FreeFlight Systems’ Radar Altimeters: the RA4000, RA4500, and FRA5500.
AGL and trend indication information is displayed on a bright LED readout as reported from the Radar Altimeter unit through a standard serial interface. A builtin light sensor auto adjusts for a seamless transition from day to night flight. The pilot is able to set a decision height (DH), and when the preset altitude is reached, a DH LED is illuminated and a DH discrete output is set. The pilot is also able to activate five trip point discrete outputs (1001000 ft.) to signal additional alerts to the navigation management system as the aircraft descends through these altitudes.
In addition to the standard version, an optional night vision goggle (NVG) compatible display is available.
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama