The Public Investment Fund (PIF) announces the launch of The Helicopter Company, the first national commercial helicopter operator in Saudi Arabia.
The Company will provide private transportation services within the main cities of Saudi Arabia as well as tourist trips to various attractions around the Kingdom.
The Helicopter Company has been created with initial capital of SAR 565 million and will cater to emerging demand in luxury tourism as well as untapped existing demand for urban aerial transportation. It will be instrumental in meeting demand for helicopter transportation within major cities in Saudi Arabia as well as supporting the development of the wider aviation sector. In addition it will provide access to remote destinations and a high end experience on a par with other global destinations.
The launch of The Helicopter Company is in line with PIF’s strategy to generate sustainable returns, to establish and develop new sectors in Saudi Arabia, as well as to support the realization of Vision 2030 by acting as a catalyst for Saudi Arabia’s nascent tourism sector.
- Robinson Opens Dedicated MRO Facility
- Christoph 47 with blood and plasma preserves in use
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to receive Government grant
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- LCI successfully closed a new asset-backed helicopter facility
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- HeliTSA secures EASA approval under new Part 147
- DART Aerospace’s E-Commerce Website Now Available Globally
- Life Flight Network Announces Partnership with WhidbeyHealth
- Sikorsky Awarded Patent for Rotor Vector
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance