The Public Investment Fund (PIF) announces the launch of The Helicopter Company, the first national commercial helicopter operator in Saudi Arabia.
The Company will provide private transportation services within the main cities of Saudi Arabia as well as tourist trips to various attractions around the Kingdom.
The Helicopter Company has been created with initial capital of SAR 565 million and will cater to emerging demand in luxury tourism as well as untapped existing demand for urban aerial transportation. It will be instrumental in meeting demand for helicopter transportation within major cities in Saudi Arabia as well as supporting the development of the wider aviation sector. In addition it will provide access to remote destinations and a high end experience on a par with other global destinations.
The launch of The Helicopter Company is in line with PIF’s strategy to generate sustainable returns, to establish and develop new sectors in Saudi Arabia, as well as to support the realization of Vision 2030 by acting as a catalyst for Saudi Arabia’s nascent tourism sector.
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Summit Aviation Receives Garmin Bronze Dealer Award
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Air Methods Announces Partnership with MountainStar Healthcare
- HAI Extends Nomination Period for Salute to Excellence Awards
- Malta-Gozo helicopter contract falls through
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 release call date
- FreeFlight Systems Hires New Director of Sales
- Uavos Continues To Implement Its Unmanned Aircraft Conversion Program
- EHang to benefit as China approves Unmanned Civil Aviation Experimental Zones
- Volocopter and Lufthansa Industry Solutions cooperate to build VoloIQ
- Babcock Australasia improves access to emergency medical services
- Dimerco wins contract to ship 30 Bell 407s from Canada to China
- Lockheed awarded $9M contract for engineering support of AH-1Z
- Lockheed awarded $193M contract for production and delivery of 4 MH-60R to Greece
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight