The Public Investment Fund (PIF) announces the launch of The Helicopter Company, the first national commercial helicopter operator in Saudi Arabia.
The Company will provide private transportation services within the main cities of Saudi Arabia as well as tourist trips to various attractions around the Kingdom.
The Helicopter Company has been created with initial capital of SAR 565 million and will cater to emerging demand in luxury tourism as well as untapped existing demand for urban aerial transportation. It will be instrumental in meeting demand for helicopter transportation within major cities in Saudi Arabia as well as supporting the development of the wider aviation sector. In addition it will provide access to remote destinations and a high end experience on a par with other global destinations.
The launch of The Helicopter Company is in line with PIF’s strategy to generate sustainable returns, to establish and develop new sectors in Saudi Arabia, as well as to support the realization of Vision 2030 by acting as a catalyst for Saudi Arabia’s nascent tourism sector.
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama