Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 is the latest event in the expanding conference and exhibition portfolio run by Tangent Link. It follows the recent highly successful SAR conference in Australia and takes place on 19-20 March 2019 at Nîmes in France. Tangent Link prides itself in having a strategic partnership to underpin each of its conferences, and this event is supported by Sécurité Civile, the French Government agency with particular responsibility for aerial firefighting. Our hosts operate 23 aircraft on firefighting work, including twelve Canadair CL415s, two Bombardier Dash 8s and nine Firecats. One more Bombardier Dash 8 is expected to be delivered soon.
The two-day conference has a full programme covering operational and technical subjects, along with the sharing of past experiences and exploring future plans. This will provide attendees with both a wide range of actionable material, and the opportunity to consolidate on existing knowledge. Subjects include analysis of aerial firefighting in Belarus, Latvia, Portugal, France, Greece, Sweden, Norway and the UK, as well as practical operational topics. Other presentations investigate the strengthening of EU disaster management, fighting wildfires using space-based assets, leveraging benefits from research partnerships, and the French Strategy to fight forest fires & their vision of air-to-ground.
Live demonstrations will take place just outside of the exhibition hangar on both days. On 9th March the Sécurité Civile will showcase two Grumman S-2 Trackers, two CL 415 aircraft and four firefighter trucks demonstrating their aerial firefighting abilities. In addition, Air Tractor Europe S.L. will fly their AT-802 on the event’s second day, 20th March.
A press conference is scheduled at 17:20 on 19th March with John Longhurst (CEO of Tangent Link), Mr Yvan Lachaud (President of Nîmes Metropole) and Préfet Jacques Witkowski (Director General – French General Directorate for Civil Protection and Crisis Management) addressing the audience, followed by a short Q&A session.
The dedicated exhibition area will provide attendees the opportunity to discuss topics in more detail on a 1:1 basis with company representatives. Exhibitors include AirTractor Europe S.L., Cascade Aerospace, Conair Group, Coulson Aviation, DynCorp International LLC, Sabena technics, BlazeTamer380, Airtelis, Erickson Incorporated, Overwatch Imaging, Patria Helicopters AB, Kawak Aviation Technologies Inc., Rotex Helicopter AG, Simplex Aerospace, StandardAero, Thales and Viking Air Limited among many others.
Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 will review the latest national and international management policies, provide case studies of recent operations and examine operating procedures. The event will also explore and demonstrate the latest technologies, debate and discuss the questions in the minds of the world’s leading exponents and deliberate over how the future may look.
Speakers include experts from across the Aerial Firefighting world, including
- Jacques Witkowski – Director General, French General Directorate for Civil Protection and Crisis Management, France
- Zisoula Ntasiou, Fire Officer in the Forest Fire Coordination Center, Hellenic Fire Corps, Greece
- Jeff Berry – Director, Business Development, Conair Group Inc, Canada
- Domingos Xavier Viegas – Professor, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Foster Coulson – Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Coulson Aviation, Canada
- Hugo Arceo – Sales Manager, Air Tractor Europe, S.L., Spain
- Derek Parks – Director Aviation Services, Department of Fire & Emergency Services, Western Australia
- Antoine Lemasson – Head of Unit, Emergency Response Coordination Centre, European Commission, Belgium
- Hans Kristen Madsen – Specialist Director, Norwegian Directorate for Civil Protection, Norway
The winners of the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019 will be announced and presented at the Conference Dinner on 19th March. These Awards are presented annually to recognise a significant contribution by an individual or organisation to aerial firefighting. This year nominations were accepted in two categories: contribution to aerial firefighting safety & industry innovation and advancement.
For more information on Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 at www.aerial-firefighting-europe.com
Event hashtag for social media is #AFFEUR19
About Tangent Link
In 2003 Tangent Link, with offices in the UK and Australia, set out to transform the way aerospace and defence events and conferences were delivered putting their client at the centre of what we deliver, putting their needs first.
Tangent Link’s operating promise is simple: To use our knowledge to help our clients understand their markets of interest quickly and cost effectively and provide a platform for each client to secure meaningful revenue generating opportunities.
For more on Tangent Link please visit the website www.tangentlink.com.
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support