Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is set to open a new 24 hour helipad at Maidstone Hospital thanks to the generous support of the HELP (Helicopter Emergency Landing Pads) Appeal.
Robert Bertram, Chief Executive of the HELP Appeal, presented a cheque to the Trust on Wednesday 13 March. The charity is the only one in the country dedicated to funding hospital helipads.
Currently helicopters are using a temporary landing site at the rear of the oncology unit at Maidstone Hospital, but this site is frequently waterlogged. The new helipad will permanently replace this and will bring a 24 hour safe landing site back to Maidstone.
John Weeks, Head of Emergency Planning & Response at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust, said: ‘We are extremely grateful to the HELP Appeal for generously agreeing to fund the landing site which will make a real difference to Maidstone Hospital.
Leigh Curtis, Executive Director of Service Delivery, Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex said: ‘Having access to hospitals, like Maidstone, is vitally important to Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex, as it gives us the ability to reduce our patients’ journey time, giving them access to critical care quicker. This one is particularly meaningful to us, as it allows us to serve our founding community at its very heart.’
Robert Bertram, CEO of the HELP Appeal commented: ‘We go where we are needed most and Maidstone Hospital needed our help. Seriously ill patients need hospital care in a matter of minutes to increase their chances of survival and recovery. Building a helipad with zero risk of becoming waterlogged will ensure this happens, saving time and saving lives.’
The helipad is expected to be finished and ready for use by Spring of 2020.
The HELP Appeal has donated £150,000 today and a further £150,000 will be donated later in the year.
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand