Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is set to open a new 24 hour helipad at Maidstone Hospital thanks to the generous support of the HELP (Helicopter Emergency Landing Pads) Appeal.
Robert Bertram, Chief Executive of the HELP Appeal, presented a cheque to the Trust on Wednesday 13 March. The charity is the only one in the country dedicated to funding hospital helipads.
Currently helicopters are using a temporary landing site at the rear of the oncology unit at Maidstone Hospital, but this site is frequently waterlogged. The new helipad will permanently replace this and will bring a 24 hour safe landing site back to Maidstone.
John Weeks, Head of Emergency Planning & Response at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust, said: ‘We are extremely grateful to the HELP Appeal for generously agreeing to fund the landing site which will make a real difference to Maidstone Hospital.
Leigh Curtis, Executive Director of Service Delivery, Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex said: ‘Having access to hospitals, like Maidstone, is vitally important to Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex, as it gives us the ability to reduce our patients’ journey time, giving them access to critical care quicker. This one is particularly meaningful to us, as it allows us to serve our founding community at its very heart.’
Robert Bertram, CEO of the HELP Appeal commented: ‘We go where we are needed most and Maidstone Hospital needed our help. Seriously ill patients need hospital care in a matter of minutes to increase their chances of survival and recovery. Building a helipad with zero risk of becoming waterlogged will ensure this happens, saving time and saving lives.’
The helipad is expected to be finished and ready for use by Spring of 2020.
The HELP Appeal has donated £150,000 today and a further £150,000 will be donated later in the year.
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL