Airbus Australia Pacific Managing Director Andrew Mathewson confirmed that Airbus had recently responded to the Commonwealth of Australia (CoA) request for information for a four-tonne class, rapidly deployable, multi-role helicopter for Australian Special Forces.
“The Airbus H145M helicopter is the military version of the H145 – the most advanced member of Airbus’ multi-purpose twin-engine category. It is based on a commercial off-the-shelf platform with military-specific modifications and is an operationally proven, affordable and low-risk option for Australia
“The H145M program and systems are based close to five million hours of flying experience with the H145 family of aircraft which has over 1,300 units in service today.
“The Airbus Australia Pacific response included selected industry partners and the provision of training, maintenance, logistics and engineering activities. A comprehensive transfer of technology and skills will make Airbus Australia Pacific a regional centre able to proactively support Australian operational needs, and export this knowledge back into the wider H145M community,” he added.
Mr Mathewson said that other strengths of the Airbus H145M included:
• Excellent access and cabin space
• Compact footprint for maximum agility
• Excellent hot and high flight performance
• Airbus Helionix cockpit which reduces pilot workload and allows greater situational awareness
• Full multi-role capability allowing support to missions including aerial assault, aerial fire support, attack, ISTAR, CASEVAC and general utility tasks
• High availability; reliable and robust systems; a small logistic footprint; proven by operations in similar configuration, roles and environment
• High rotor clearance and shrouded Fenestron for operations close to obstacles
“Airbus stands ready to respond to the next stage in the tender process,” Mr Mathewson added.
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director