DART Aerospace has been known to offer Full-Length Wearplates designed specifically to prevent premature damage to OEM Skidtubes on a variety of aircraft models.
The Canadian Coast Guard (CCG) owns a fleet of Bell 429 that operate in some of the most demanding, challenging and severe operational and environmental conditions and therefore, cannot afford any downtime for skidtube replacements. The 429 Skidtubes presently offered on the market are delivered with partial protection and leave large areas unprotected and subject to damage. To avoid this possible damage to its Landing Gear, Transport Canada, the entity maintaining the CCG’s helicopter fleet, turned to DART Aerospace, the aftermarket Landing Gear industry-leader, for an ideal solution.
DART responded by creating Full-Length Wearplates designed specifically to address Transport Canada’s needs. These wearplates are composed of wearpads with tungsten-carbide welds and full-length stainless steel wearplates compatible with OEM Skidtubes. To prevent corrosion, the Wearplates have a “Rockguard-type” rubber inner finish which eliminates gaskets for ease of installation. No drilling is required as DART wearplates use the existing Bell OEM wearpad inserts and fasteners and include additional clamps to secure the installation.
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy