DART Aerospace has been known to offer Full-Length Wearplates designed specifically to prevent premature damage to OEM Skidtubes on a variety of aircraft models.
The Canadian Coast Guard (CCG) owns a fleet of Bell 429 that operate in some of the most demanding, challenging and severe operational and environmental conditions and therefore, cannot afford any downtime for skidtube replacements. The 429 Skidtubes presently offered on the market are delivered with partial protection and leave large areas unprotected and subject to damage. To avoid this possible damage to its Landing Gear, Transport Canada, the entity maintaining the CCG’s helicopter fleet, turned to DART Aerospace, the aftermarket Landing Gear industry-leader, for an ideal solution.
DART responded by creating Full-Length Wearplates designed specifically to address Transport Canada’s needs. These wearplates are composed of wearpads with tungsten-carbide welds and full-length stainless steel wearplates compatible with OEM Skidtubes. To prevent corrosion, the Wearplates have a “Rockguard-type” rubber inner finish which eliminates gaskets for ease of installation. No drilling is required as DART wearplates use the existing Bell OEM wearpad inserts and fasteners and include additional clamps to secure the installation.
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1