At the Geneva International Motor Show 2019 (GIMS) PAL-V unveiled the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer, world’s first production model flying car. The 90 pieces limited edition is based on the PAL-V Liberty which was unveiled last year at the GIMS. It will open the next chapter of mobility. During the 5 th & 6 th March (Press only)and between the 7 th and 17th of March (Public days) the pioneer edition will be on display at booth 1220 in hall 1.
“Last year we already announced that we were going to start with a limited edition of the PAL-V Liberty. This year we show the special elements of this limited edition of which delivery starts in 2020”: says Dingemanse. Amongst other features, the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer Edition is equipped with a dual control cockpit and the Electronic Flight Instrument System. The full carbon package clearly distinguishes the Pioneer from the standard Liberty as well as a tailor-made interior and exclusive characteristic two tone colour scheme.
According to Dingemanse,CEO of PAL-V: “The Pioneer Edition is for those that want to be part of a uniquegroup that writes history with us. They will beat the forefront of a mobility revolution, where we will no longer havecars that can only drive.They will be the first carflyers in their country, FlyDriving to any destination”
Developing a flying car takes a long time and a lot of persistence. It’s a revolutionary development, especially as PAL-V developed a commercial vehicle that complies with existing regulations, very different from an interesting technical concept.“Although more and more flying concepts are announced, only a handful of companies work on areal flying car: one that can both fly and drive, ideal for city to city mobility. The combination offers unprecedented freedom: personal door-to door flying mobility.”Said Mike Stekelenburg, Chief Engineerat PAL-V. As Stekelenburg continues: “The gyroplane principle not only provides us with a safe and easy to operate flying car but it also enables us to make it compact and within existing regulations, which is the most important factor to build a useable flying car.” With the launch of the PAL-VLiberty Pioneer, PAL-V will open the next chapter of personal mobility. The Pioneer edition gives 90 people in the world the possibility to go above and beyond.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award