GVH Aerospace is pleased to be Swiss Rotor Solutions’ certification partner and helping Swiss Rotor Solutions in achieving the partnership with Airbus Helicopters to offer the MAXIMUM PILOT VIEW KIT (MPVK) as a factory fit and retrofit option for the H125 helicopter. Airbus is taking immediate orders to install the MPVK on production line aircraft and for retrofit.
The MAXIMUM PILOT VIEW KIT revolutionizes pilot visibility and operational safety via a completely new design, providing the pilot with an uninhibited field of view below and to the RH side of the aircraft. The modification adds a new single piece bubble door to the aircraft, offering a significant increase in lateral visibility, and pilot headroom when leaning to the right, even when wearing a helmet. A large lower viewing aperture and transparent fuselage window fairing significantly increases the vertical field of view forward, aft and directly underneath the aircraft by a factor of ten, compared to existing solutions. The MPVK dramatically improves the capability and safety to perform demanding operations such as sling loading, fire-fighting, SAR/EMS, confined area operations, aerial survey, seismic, law enforcement and any other tasks performed in close proximity to terrain, obstacles and ground crews or when operating at remote landing sites.
“We are extremely pleased with being part of Swiss Rotor Solution’s team in achieving this significant development with the Airbus partnership. This is a testimony to both the quality and functionality of the product, and the quality of the design and certification data”, said Gareth Dyer, CEO. “This partnership is a recognition of the level of rigour in the engineering, certification and flight test that has been applied.”
To date, Swiss Rotor Solutions has received multiple orders and is ready to supply and support installation worldwide. FAA, TCCA, ANAC Brazil and DGAC Mexico STC validation have been completed. There are currently more than 30 helicopters modified with the MPVK in service in Europe, USA and Canada.
Swiss Rotor Solutions is exhibiting the MPVK at the HAI Heli-Expo in Atlanta, Georgia, from 5 th – 7 th of March 2019.
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL