GVH Aerospace is pleased to be Swiss Rotor Solutions’ certification partner and helping Swiss Rotor Solutions in achieving the partnership with Airbus Helicopters to offer the MAXIMUM PILOT VIEW KIT (MPVK) as a factory fit and retrofit option for the H125 helicopter. Airbus is taking immediate orders to install the MPVK on production line aircraft and for retrofit.
The MAXIMUM PILOT VIEW KIT revolutionizes pilot visibility and operational safety via a completely new design, providing the pilot with an uninhibited field of view below and to the RH side of the aircraft. The modification adds a new single piece bubble door to the aircraft, offering a significant increase in lateral visibility, and pilot headroom when leaning to the right, even when wearing a helmet. A large lower viewing aperture and transparent fuselage window fairing significantly increases the vertical field of view forward, aft and directly underneath the aircraft by a factor of ten, compared to existing solutions. The MPVK dramatically improves the capability and safety to perform demanding operations such as sling loading, fire-fighting, SAR/EMS, confined area operations, aerial survey, seismic, law enforcement and any other tasks performed in close proximity to terrain, obstacles and ground crews or when operating at remote landing sites.
“We are extremely pleased with being part of Swiss Rotor Solution’s team in achieving this significant development with the Airbus partnership. This is a testimony to both the quality and functionality of the product, and the quality of the design and certification data”, said Gareth Dyer, CEO. “This partnership is a recognition of the level of rigour in the engineering, certification and flight test that has been applied.”
To date, Swiss Rotor Solutions has received multiple orders and is ready to supply and support installation worldwide. FAA, TCCA, ANAC Brazil and DGAC Mexico STC validation have been completed. There are currently more than 30 helicopters modified with the MPVK in service in Europe, USA and Canada.
Swiss Rotor Solutions is exhibiting the MPVK at the HAI Heli-Expo in Atlanta, Georgia, from 5 th – 7 th of March 2019.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award