Helicopter Association International (HAI) applauds the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee for passing HR 1108.
HR 1108, the Aviation Funding Stability Act of 2019, would authorize the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to draw from the Airport and Airway Trust Fund (AATF) in the event of a government shutdown.
The legislation is designed to provide a limited, targeted way of ensuring stability for the aviation system and it does not change congressional direction or oversight in any way.
“The Committee vote along with the strong support of 40 aviation-related associations sends a strong message to Congress that this bill provides needed protection to the FAA from future government shutdowns,” said Matt Zuccaro, president and CEO of HAI.
Zuccaro noted HAI’s support, along with other general aviation associations, for Representative Sam Grave’s amendment that would increase annual Airport Improvement Program (AIP) contract authority. This amendment will provide much-needed support for investment in capital improvement projects that will enhance the safety and efficiency of our nation’s public-use airports. Zuccaro thanked Chairman DeFazio for his leadership in sponsoring this important bill.
“The FAA provides vital services to the aviation industry and the nation. Most importantly, they make the skies safer for all who use our national airspace. We are grateful to Rep. DeFazio for recognizing the safety issue caused by not providing the FAA with stable funding and working to address it quickly.” Zuccaro concluded that HAI looks forward to continuing to work with Congress and the Administration to ensure final passage of HR 1108 into law.
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL