Helicopter Association International (HAI) applauds the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee for passing HR 1108.
HR 1108, the Aviation Funding Stability Act of 2019, would authorize the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to draw from the Airport and Airway Trust Fund (AATF) in the event of a government shutdown.
The legislation is designed to provide a limited, targeted way of ensuring stability for the aviation system and it does not change congressional direction or oversight in any way.
“The Committee vote along with the strong support of 40 aviation-related associations sends a strong message to Congress that this bill provides needed protection to the FAA from future government shutdowns,” said Matt Zuccaro, president and CEO of HAI.
Zuccaro noted HAI’s support, along with other general aviation associations, for Representative Sam Grave’s amendment that would increase annual Airport Improvement Program (AIP) contract authority. This amendment will provide much-needed support for investment in capital improvement projects that will enhance the safety and efficiency of our nation’s public-use airports. Zuccaro thanked Chairman DeFazio for his leadership in sponsoring this important bill.
“The FAA provides vital services to the aviation industry and the nation. Most importantly, they make the skies safer for all who use our national airspace. We are grateful to Rep. DeFazio for recognizing the safety issue caused by not providing the FAA with stable funding and working to address it quickly.” Zuccaro concluded that HAI looks forward to continuing to work with Congress and the Administration to ensure final passage of HR 1108 into law.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award