Helicentre Aviation Academy has announced it will be hosting Bristow Helicopters’ Careers Days on 16th and 17th April 2019 at its Midlands-based training facility in Leicester. The joint initiative will bring together experienced and newly qualified industry professionals seeking a career path into Oil and Gas or Search and Rescue, with those responsible for pilot recruitment at Bristow Helicopters within the UK.
Introducing helicopter pilots to Oil and Gas operations at an early stage in their career is something both companies are eager to promote. Captain Guy Holmes, Offshore Flight Operations Manager at Bristow Group remarked “Bristow have been operating helicopters for more than 60 years, with pilots drawn from the military, civil aviation and our own training programmes. We continue to look for conscientious, skilled and enthusiastic individuals, at all stages of their flying career, to join us in our UK operations.” Bristow operates around the UK flying both Multi-Engine IFR passenger transport in support of the Oil and Gas Industry, and Search and Rescue missions on behalf of Her Majesty’s Coastguard.
Captain Sarah Bowen, Head of Training at Helicentre Aviation also believes the event will motivate and inspire pilots still undergoing training to learn about career choices they may not have previously considered, especially with Bristow’s Oil and Gas careers providing a route into Search and Rescue. “We are delighted to be working with Bristow Helicopters’ recruitment team” she remarked. “Hosting the Career Days within a busy training environment will further strengthen the link between our own Career Development Programme and the opportunities that exist for pilots beyond” she added.
Presentations and interviews will be held by Bristow Group representatives across the two day event and places will be offered to suitable candidates on application. Pilots holding a CPL(H) with ATPL(H)/IR theory and an Instrument Rating (IR), or those who are in the process of attaining an IR are encouraged to apply for a place. Applicants must also have a safe flying record, no criminal record, and the right to reside and work in the UK. Contact Audrey.Smi[email protected] to apply.
There will be another opportunity to meet with Helicentre Aviation Academy and Bristow Group at “Pilot Careers Live” London, on Saturday 6th April 2019. Industry professionals from both companies will be delivering a 30 minute seminar focusing on Helicopter Pilot Careers, and they will be available throughout the day to speak to new and prospective trainee helicopter pilots.
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards