Helicentre Aviation Academy has announced it will be hosting Bristow Helicopters’ Careers Days on 16th and 17th April 2019 at its Midlands-based training facility in Leicester. The joint initiative will bring together experienced and newly qualified industry professionals seeking a career path into Oil and Gas or Search and Rescue, with those responsible for pilot recruitment at Bristow Helicopters within the UK.
Introducing helicopter pilots to Oil and Gas operations at an early stage in their career is something both companies are eager to promote. Captain Guy Holmes, Offshore Flight Operations Manager at Bristow Group remarked “Bristow have been operating helicopters for more than 60 years, with pilots drawn from the military, civil aviation and our own training programmes. We continue to look for conscientious, skilled and enthusiastic individuals, at all stages of their flying career, to join us in our UK operations.” Bristow operates around the UK flying both Multi-Engine IFR passenger transport in support of the Oil and Gas Industry, and Search and Rescue missions on behalf of Her Majesty’s Coastguard.
Captain Sarah Bowen, Head of Training at Helicentre Aviation also believes the event will motivate and inspire pilots still undergoing training to learn about career choices they may not have previously considered, especially with Bristow’s Oil and Gas careers providing a route into Search and Rescue. “We are delighted to be working with Bristow Helicopters’ recruitment team” she remarked. “Hosting the Career Days within a busy training environment will further strengthen the link between our own Career Development Programme and the opportunities that exist for pilots beyond” she added.
Presentations and interviews will be held by Bristow Group representatives across the two day event and places will be offered to suitable candidates on application. Pilots holding a CPL(H) with ATPL(H)/IR theory and an Instrument Rating (IR), or those who are in the process of attaining an IR are encouraged to apply for a place. Applicants must also have a safe flying record, no criminal record, and the right to reside and work in the UK. Contact [email protected] to apply.
There will be another opportunity to meet with Helicentre Aviation Academy and Bristow Group at “Pilot Careers Live” London, on Saturday 6th April 2019. Industry professionals from both companies will be delivering a 30 minute seminar focusing on Helicopter Pilot Careers, and they will be available throughout the day to speak to new and prospective trainee helicopter pilots.
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual
- EHang to Provide UAM Services in Hengqin New Area in Zhuhai, China
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New QMS Compliance Manager
- CAE partners with The LOSA Collaborative
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429