Survitec has secured a three-year contract extension with oil and gas services provider, Petrofac, to supply aviation immersion suits and lifejackets for personnel making helicopter transits to offshore oil platforms from Norwich Airport in the UK.
Jill Florence, Contract Service Delivery Manager, Survitec, said: “For the past three years, Survitec has worked with Petrofac providing a safety service that gives cost certainty and guarantees proactive management and supply of certified equipment. This announcement is a continuation of that relationship.”
The contract covers three platforms managed by Petrofac in the Southern North Sea, where approximately three thousand passengers a year make the 20-minute transfer between the airport and the three locations. This contract extension will see Survitec’s continued supply of 1000 Series Immersion Suits, Mk50 lifejackets with CA-EBS (Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System), Personal Locator Beacons and armbands for these sites. Survitec will supply, test, certify and maintain this equipment, which will be made available for collection at Norwich Airport to Petrofac’s personnel transiting to and from the gas fields.
Helicopter transfers to offshore sites in the North Sea must be carried out in accordance with European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) requirements. The immersion suits, manufactured by Survitec, are specifically designed for helicopter passengers and are approved by the EASA. The outer shell is waterproof, breathable and flame retardant, and the thermal lining helps modify comfort and reduces thermal stress.
The lifejacket, also manufactured by Survitec, is worn over the immersion suit and meets EASA requirements relating to helicopter constant-wear lifejackets and life preservers. An Emergency Breathing System (EBS) is integrated into the jacket.
Florence said: “Survitec is committed to keeping our clients’ personnel safe through the provision of high-end, certified equipment. My new role of Contract Service Delivery Manager has been created to ensure our clients get the best service possible.
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards