Blue Sky Network (BSN) announced its participation in the 16th edition of the Aerial Firefighting (AFF) Europe exhibition and continued its commitment to the industry with new offerings.
This marks the satellite tracking innovator’s first time exhibiting at AFF Europe. For more than a decade, BSN has provided tracking, communications, and fleet management solutions for aerial firefighting operations around the world such as Erickson, the U.S. Forest Service (USFS), Cyprus Department of Forestry, and Helicopter Express.
“We have an established, excellent track record of providing top-tier products and services for the aerial firefighting industry and its stakeholders,” said Jeff Sherwood, BSN’s business development manager.
Apart from being recognized as a “Gold” supplier by Erickson, BSN has also made strides in helping customers comply with regulations and mandates affecting the U.S. and global aerial firefighting industry. The company recently announced its avionics hardware and centralized fleet management software, SkyRouter, will integrate with Olympic Aero’s Additional Telemetry Unit (ATU) to transmit critical information from helicopter buckets commonly used for aerial firefighting operations. USFS regulations mandate firefighting aircraft collect ATU data and transmit it to state and national regulators through an automated flight following device.
BSN’s tracking solutions also meet Canadian and United Nations automated flight following requirements. Aside from meeting regulatory requirements, BSN offers aerial firefighting customers an array of custom features, including: fire perimeter overlays, to help establish fire boundaries; and active fire satellite imaging, to track the progress of a fire.
Also, BSN’s satellite tracking device, the HawkEye 7200A, is now factory qualified for the Sikorsky S-70 Firehawk, the firefighting variant of the UH-60L.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™