Blue Sky Network (BSN) announced its participation in the 16th edition of the Aerial Firefighting (AFF) Europe exhibition and continued its commitment to the industry with new offerings.
This marks the satellite tracking innovator’s first time exhibiting at AFF Europe. For more than a decade, BSN has provided tracking, communications, and fleet management solutions for aerial firefighting operations around the world such as Erickson, the U.S. Forest Service (USFS), Cyprus Department of Forestry, and Helicopter Express.
“We have an established, excellent track record of providing top-tier products and services for the aerial firefighting industry and its stakeholders,” said Jeff Sherwood, BSN’s business development manager.
Apart from being recognized as a “Gold” supplier by Erickson, BSN has also made strides in helping customers comply with regulations and mandates affecting the U.S. and global aerial firefighting industry. The company recently announced its avionics hardware and centralized fleet management software, SkyRouter, will integrate with Olympic Aero’s Additional Telemetry Unit (ATU) to transmit critical information from helicopter buckets commonly used for aerial firefighting operations. USFS regulations mandate firefighting aircraft collect ATU data and transmit it to state and national regulators through an automated flight following device.
BSN’s tracking solutions also meet Canadian and United Nations automated flight following requirements. Aside from meeting regulatory requirements, BSN offers aerial firefighting customers an array of custom features, including: fire perimeter overlays, to help establish fire boundaries; and active fire satellite imaging, to track the progress of a fire.
Also, BSN’s satellite tracking device, the HawkEye 7200A, is now factory qualified for the Sikorsky S-70 Firehawk, the firefighting variant of the UH-60L.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf