Blue Sky Network (BSN) announced its participation in the 16th edition of the Aerial Firefighting (AFF) Europe exhibition and continued its commitment to the industry with new offerings.
This marks the satellite tracking innovator’s first time exhibiting at AFF Europe. For more than a decade, BSN has provided tracking, communications, and fleet management solutions for aerial firefighting operations around the world such as Erickson, the U.S. Forest Service (USFS), Cyprus Department of Forestry, and Helicopter Express.
“We have an established, excellent track record of providing top-tier products and services for the aerial firefighting industry and its stakeholders,” said Jeff Sherwood, BSN’s business development manager.
Apart from being recognized as a “Gold” supplier by Erickson, BSN has also made strides in helping customers comply with regulations and mandates affecting the U.S. and global aerial firefighting industry. The company recently announced its avionics hardware and centralized fleet management software, SkyRouter, will integrate with Olympic Aero’s Additional Telemetry Unit (ATU) to transmit critical information from helicopter buckets commonly used for aerial firefighting operations. USFS regulations mandate firefighting aircraft collect ATU data and transmit it to state and national regulators through an automated flight following device.
BSN’s tracking solutions also meet Canadian and United Nations automated flight following requirements. Aside from meeting regulatory requirements, BSN offers aerial firefighting customers an array of custom features, including: fire perimeter overlays, to help establish fire boundaries; and active fire satellite imaging, to track the progress of a fire.
Also, BSN’s satellite tracking device, the HawkEye 7200A, is now factory qualified for the Sikorsky S-70 Firehawk, the firefighting variant of the UH-60L.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President