Blue Sky Network (BSN) announced its participation in the 16th edition of the Aerial Firefighting (AFF) Europe exhibition and continued its commitment to the industry with new offerings.
This marks the satellite tracking innovator’s first time exhibiting at AFF Europe. For more than a decade, BSN has provided tracking, communications, and fleet management solutions for aerial firefighting operations around the world such as Erickson, the U.S. Forest Service (USFS), Cyprus Department of Forestry, and Helicopter Express.
“We have an established, excellent track record of providing top-tier products and services for the aerial firefighting industry and its stakeholders,” said Jeff Sherwood, BSN’s business development manager.
Apart from being recognized as a “Gold” supplier by Erickson, BSN has also made strides in helping customers comply with regulations and mandates affecting the U.S. and global aerial firefighting industry. The company recently announced its avionics hardware and centralized fleet management software, SkyRouter, will integrate with Olympic Aero’s Additional Telemetry Unit (ATU) to transmit critical information from helicopter buckets commonly used for aerial firefighting operations. USFS regulations mandate firefighting aircraft collect ATU data and transmit it to state and national regulators through an automated flight following device.
BSN’s tracking solutions also meet Canadian and United Nations automated flight following requirements. Aside from meeting regulatory requirements, BSN offers aerial firefighting customers an array of custom features, including: fire perimeter overlays, to help establish fire boundaries; and active fire satellite imaging, to track the progress of a fire.
Also, BSN’s satellite tracking device, the HawkEye 7200A, is now factory qualified for the Sikorsky S-70 Firehawk, the firefighting variant of the UH-60L.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement