Kaman Composites Wichita (KCW) a division of Kaman Aerosystems (Kaman), announced that it has been awarded the manufacture, and supply of composite skin to core assembly structural components for the Bell AH-1Z’s helicopter blades.
“This award further exemplifies Bell’s confidence in Kaman Composites Wichita as a leading aerospace composite structures supplier. We are proud that Bell has placed these flight critical components into our facility,” stated
Mark Withrow, V.P. and General Manager, Kaman Composites U.S.
Bell has been successfully producing the AH-1Z helicopter for the U.S. Marine Corps at their Amarillo, Texas manufacturing facility since 2003.
All composite detail parts and assemblies will be manufactured and delivered from the KCW facility in Wichita, Kansas. Deliveries will begin in 2019 and extend through 2023.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement