Sundance Helicopters, Inc., the highest-rated experiential tour company in Las Vegas, has promoted Ricardo Dowdy II as the new Director of Maintenance. In his new role, Dowdy will directly supervise employees in the maintenance, compliance and logistics departments.
“Ricardo’s work ethic, maintenance knowledge and leadership skills made this decision to promote him an easy one,” said John Wells, President of Sundance Helicopters. “Safe and efficient maintenance actions are attributed to high caliber managers such as Ricardo and we know he’ll continue to keep safety top of mind in his new position.”
Dowdy was previously the Maintenance Manager for Sundance Helicopters, having held the position for more than four years but has worked for the company since 2011 as an aircraft mechanic. His previous managerial experience includes running day-to-day maintenance operations which include scheduling aircraft maintenance, supporting unscheduled maintenance, shift adjustments and personnel changes as well as disciplinary measures. Dowdy is also is knowledgeable in writing Approved Aircraft Inspection Programs (AAIP), Minimum Equipment Lists (MEL) and company manuals.
Dowdy was born and raised in Memphis, Tenn. and moved to Las Vegas in 2011. When not at Sundance Helicopters, he enjoys spending time with his family and cheering on his favorite sports teams, the Miami Dolphins and Kansas Jayhawks.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President