Sundance Helicopters, Inc., the highest-rated experiential tour company in Las Vegas, has promoted Ricardo Dowdy II as the new Director of Maintenance. In his new role, Dowdy will directly supervise employees in the maintenance, compliance and logistics departments.
“Ricardo’s work ethic, maintenance knowledge and leadership skills made this decision to promote him an easy one,” said John Wells, President of Sundance Helicopters. “Safe and efficient maintenance actions are attributed to high caliber managers such as Ricardo and we know he’ll continue to keep safety top of mind in his new position.”
Dowdy was previously the Maintenance Manager for Sundance Helicopters, having held the position for more than four years but has worked for the company since 2011 as an aircraft mechanic. His previous managerial experience includes running day-to-day maintenance operations which include scheduling aircraft maintenance, supporting unscheduled maintenance, shift adjustments and personnel changes as well as disciplinary measures. Dowdy is also is knowledgeable in writing Approved Aircraft Inspection Programs (AAIP), Minimum Equipment Lists (MEL) and company manuals.
Dowdy was born and raised in Memphis, Tenn. and moved to Las Vegas in 2011. When not at Sundance Helicopters, he enjoys spending time with his family and cheering on his favorite sports teams, the Miami Dolphins and Kansas Jayhawks.
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria