Sundance Helicopters, Inc., the highest-rated experiential tour company in Las Vegas, has promoted Ricardo Dowdy II as the new Director of Maintenance. In his new role, Dowdy will directly supervise employees in the maintenance, compliance and logistics departments.
“Ricardo’s work ethic, maintenance knowledge and leadership skills made this decision to promote him an easy one,” said John Wells, President of Sundance Helicopters. “Safe and efficient maintenance actions are attributed to high caliber managers such as Ricardo and we know he’ll continue to keep safety top of mind in his new position.”
Dowdy was previously the Maintenance Manager for Sundance Helicopters, having held the position for more than four years but has worked for the company since 2011 as an aircraft mechanic. His previous managerial experience includes running day-to-day maintenance operations which include scheduling aircraft maintenance, supporting unscheduled maintenance, shift adjustments and personnel changes as well as disciplinary measures. Dowdy is also is knowledgeable in writing Approved Aircraft Inspection Programs (AAIP), Minimum Equipment Lists (MEL) and company manuals.
Dowdy was born and raised in Memphis, Tenn. and moved to Las Vegas in 2011. When not at Sundance Helicopters, he enjoys spending time with his family and cheering on his favorite sports teams, the Miami Dolphins and Kansas Jayhawks.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International