Sundance Helicopters, Inc., the highest-rated experiential tour company in Las Vegas, has promoted Ricardo Dowdy II as the new Director of Maintenance. In his new role, Dowdy will directly supervise employees in the maintenance, compliance and logistics departments.
“Ricardo’s work ethic, maintenance knowledge and leadership skills made this decision to promote him an easy one,” said John Wells, President of Sundance Helicopters. “Safe and efficient maintenance actions are attributed to high caliber managers such as Ricardo and we know he’ll continue to keep safety top of mind in his new position.”
Dowdy was previously the Maintenance Manager for Sundance Helicopters, having held the position for more than four years but has worked for the company since 2011 as an aircraft mechanic. His previous managerial experience includes running day-to-day maintenance operations which include scheduling aircraft maintenance, supporting unscheduled maintenance, shift adjustments and personnel changes as well as disciplinary measures. Dowdy is also is knowledgeable in writing Approved Aircraft Inspection Programs (AAIP), Minimum Equipment Lists (MEL) and company manuals.
Dowdy was born and raised in Memphis, Tenn. and moved to Las Vegas in 2011. When not at Sundance Helicopters, he enjoys spending time with his family and cheering on his favorite sports teams, the Miami Dolphins and Kansas Jayhawks.
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza