DRF Luftrettung opened the doors of its headquarters in Filderstadt to guests of local companies and associations from the fields of business, medicine and politics. The event provided an opportunity for those present to take a deeper look at the organization’s charitable work. The partner companies Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA and Autohaus Feuerbacher GmbH accompanied the event. The DRF Luftrettung has been based in Filderstadt for 40 years and is one of the largest local employers.
The focus of the event was the strengthening of mutual relations in the area of Filder / Stuttgart as well as the presentation of the expertise, competences and training possibilities of the DRF Luftrettung. After welcoming the guests by the Chairman of the DRF Luftrettung, Dr. Ing. Krystian Pracz, informed experts of the organization in lectures on medical and aeronautical issues. The importance of donors and sponsors for the charitable work of the air rescue was also presented.
The participants then had the opportunity to delve deeper into the topics and tasks of individual business units at the information desks, including a virtual helicopter flight using VR glasses. The Department of Corporate Development presented a so-called drone – in the jargon UAV – and its application as a supplement to emergency rescue from the air. With the help of a simulator doll, it was vividly illustrated how patients receive medical care by helicopter and are transported to the appropriate clinic, also with the aid of medical devices for sonography and extracorporeal heart-lung support (ECMO). In cooperation with Dräger Medizintechnik, a partner of the DRF Luftrettung, the function and mode of operation of these devices was presented in detail.
“The event is not just a chance for us to present ourselves as a competent, reliable employer and partner here in the region. We can show much more that we are constantly working on the further development of medical emergency and air rescue, “Dr. Krystian Pracz.
The exciting frame was rounded off by a small exhibition by the artist José Montero.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement