Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ:ESLT and TASE: ESLT) (“Elbit Systems”) announced that its U.S. subsidiary, Elbit Systems of America, LLC (“Elbit Systems of America”), has signed a definitive agreement with Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS) (“Harris”) for the acquisition of Harris’ Night Vision business (“Harris Night Vision”) for a purchase price of $350 million.
The transaction is conditioned on completion of Harris’ proposed merger with L3 Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: LLL), as well as customary closing conditions, including receipt of regulatory approvals.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Virginia, Harris Night Vision is a premier developer, producer and supplier of night vision technology for the U.S. and allied military and security forces and for the federal homeland security market.
Bezhalel (Butzi) Machlis, Elbit Systems President & CEO, commented: “The market position and technological strength of Harris Night Vision make this acquisition significant to our long-term growth strategy, with a particular focus on the U.S. Elbit Systems of America has a proven track record of providing high performance solutions and support services to the U.S. defense and homeland security markets. We believe that the completion of this acquisition will be beneficial both for Elbit Systems and for Harris Night Vision’s employees and customers.”
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President