Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ:ESLT and TASE: ESLT) (“Elbit Systems”) announced that its U.S. subsidiary, Elbit Systems of America, LLC (“Elbit Systems of America”), has signed a definitive agreement with Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS) (“Harris”) for the acquisition of Harris’ Night Vision business (“Harris Night Vision”) for a purchase price of $350 million.
The transaction is conditioned on completion of Harris’ proposed merger with L3 Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: LLL), as well as customary closing conditions, including receipt of regulatory approvals.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Virginia, Harris Night Vision is a premier developer, producer and supplier of night vision technology for the U.S. and allied military and security forces and for the federal homeland security market.
Bezhalel (Butzi) Machlis, Elbit Systems President & CEO, commented: “The market position and technological strength of Harris Night Vision make this acquisition significant to our long-term growth strategy, with a particular focus on the U.S. Elbit Systems of America has a proven track record of providing high performance solutions and support services to the U.S. defense and homeland security markets. We believe that the completion of this acquisition will be beneficial both for Elbit Systems and for Harris Night Vision’s employees and customers.”
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria