Hensoldt, the leading independent sensor house, is launching a new flight data recorder, which combines the latest sensor technologies in an extremely compact design so that flight, video and audio data can be recorded. Thanks to its extremely reduced weight, dimensions and energy consumption, it is for the first time possible to equip light aircraft and UAVs, but also business jets and small helicopters.
The new flight data recorder SferiRec LCR (Lightweight Crash Recorder) contains all the necessary sensors for recording such data as altitude and direction, engine temperature and speed as well as the pilots’ voices. The fact that it weighs around one kilogram only means that Hensoldt’s LCR is the lightest of its kind in the market. The product combines all the recording functions (cockpit voice, flight data and crash protected memory), which have up until now been performed by different devices. Furthermore, the maintenance data can be read to an easily accessible SD card.
The system’s sensors include an integrated microphone for ambient noise, a three-axis gyroscope, a three-axis accelerometer, a temperature sensor, a GPS receiver and an air pressure sensor. The new product is certified to ETSO-2C197 (ED-155).
Hensoldt has been developing and producing flight data recorders for military aircraft and helicopters for more than 30 years, e.g. for the Tornado combat aircraft, the P-3C Orion maritime reconnaissance aircraft, as well as for helicopters of the type NH90 and Tiger or even the UH-1D and the CH-53.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement