Hensoldt, the leading independent sensor house, is launching a new flight data recorder, which combines the latest sensor technologies in an extremely compact design so that flight, video and audio data can be recorded. Thanks to its extremely reduced weight, dimensions and energy consumption, it is for the first time possible to equip light aircraft and UAVs, but also business jets and small helicopters.
The new flight data recorder SferiRec LCR (Lightweight Crash Recorder) contains all the necessary sensors for recording such data as altitude and direction, engine temperature and speed as well as the pilots’ voices. The fact that it weighs around one kilogram only means that Hensoldt’s LCR is the lightest of its kind in the market. The product combines all the recording functions (cockpit voice, flight data and crash protected memory), which have up until now been performed by different devices. Furthermore, the maintenance data can be read to an easily accessible SD card.
The system’s sensors include an integrated microphone for ambient noise, a three-axis gyroscope, a three-axis accelerometer, a temperature sensor, a GPS receiver and an air pressure sensor. The new product is certified to ETSO-2C197 (ED-155).
Hensoldt has been developing and producing flight data recorders for military aircraft and helicopters for more than 30 years, e.g. for the Tornado combat aircraft, the P-3C Orion maritime reconnaissance aircraft, as well as for helicopters of the type NH90 and Tiger or even the UH-1D and the CH-53.
- Robinson Opens Dedicated MRO Facility
- Christoph 47 with blood and plasma preserves in use
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to receive Government grant
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- LCI successfully closed a new asset-backed helicopter facility
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- HeliTSA secures EASA approval under new Part 147
- DART Aerospace’s E-Commerce Website Now Available Globally
- Life Flight Network Announces Partnership with WhidbeyHealth
- Sikorsky Awarded Patent for Rotor Vector
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance