HQ Aviation, the very successful British helicopter training school and maintenance centre has expanded its list of approvals through its appointment as a Rolls-Royce RR300 Authorized Service Center. Engine manufacturer Rolls-Royce today at Heli-Expo 2019 officially confirmed HQ Aviation has joined the RR300 Service Center network, which offers global, approved maintenance support to RR300 powered Robinson R66 operators worldwide. HQ Aviation was assessed by H+S Aviation, who have been given delegated rights by Rolls-Royce to ensure compliance with the engine manufacturer’s requirements.
This approval expands on HQ Aviation’s relationship with Robinson Helicopter Company. HQ subsidiary Global Rotors, based in Scotland, are dealers for Robinson and HQ Aviation are an approved Robinson Service Center for R22, R44 and R66 models.
The Service Centers provide maintenance, inspections and parts sales directly to operators. HQ Aviation already maintains the biggest Robinson R66 fleet in Europe, and has many connections across the globe with other R66 operators. Service Centers are capable of providing a broad range of engine support including services offered by under the Rolls-Royce TotalCare® program. HQ Aviation maintains a total of 61 helicopters, and thus plays a pivotal role in supporting a number of training schools across southern and central UK.
Scott Baier, Rolls-Royce Helicopter Service Network Manager, said: “The RR300 Service Center network maximizes freedom of choice for RR300 operators while meeting the specific needs of operators around the world. All current network members are directly associated with Robinson Helicopter dealers and service centers, giving operators comprehensive support for the aircraft and engine.”
HQ Aviation is based at Denham Aerodrome, close to London’s Heathrow Airport, and celebrates eight years of operations this month. HQ’s flying school trains pilots to private and commercial licences, and offers other ratings including type conversions and night flying approvals. The company’s maintenance department covers a range of helicopter types, with particular focus on the full Robinson range, and carries out the highest quality rebuilds on calendar or time expired machines.
The Rolls-Royce RR300 FIRST network (Fully Integrated Rolls-Royce Support Team) is the only authorized global support network for operators of RR300 engines, providing affordable, reliable, quality solutions on six continents.
HQ Aviation, Denham Aerodrome, Denham, UB9 5DF, UK Web: https://hqaviation.com
For sales and flying enquiries Phone +44 1895 833373 or email [email protected]
For maintenance, overhaul, parts and avionics Phone +44 1895 832833 or email [email protected]
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- EASA STC for DART’s R66 Emergency Float System
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Transport Canada Approves R66 Cargo Hook
- Mornington-Sanford Aviation run world-first R66 Part 147 B2 Course
- FAA Approves Robinson R66 Cargo Hook
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Armenian Helicopters Certified to start Operations
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; Aircraft arrives Birgunj Custom
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet
- Robinson Production Picked up Steam in 2017
- Donaldson to celebrate 9000th IBF delivery at HAI Heli-Expo
- Magellan Wire Strike Protection System™ Now Available for R66
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Robinson to launch R66 hook at Heli-Expo
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66