Leonardo, the owner of PZL-Świdnik, the Group’s main industrial pillar in Poland, announced that its UK subsidiary Leonardo MW Ltd has signed an Offset Agreement, valued at approx. 400 mln PLN (90 mln EUR), with the Polish Ministry of National Defence. The signing of the Offset Agreement precedes a contract for the supply of AW101 military helicopters.
The Offset Agreement provides the Polish Ministry of National Defence with the commitment for establishing in the Military Aviation Works No.1 in Łódź, part of the Polish Armaments Group (PGZ), critical maintenance capabilities for the AW101 helicopters and its dedicated mission equipment. Also the Gdańsk Technical University will be among the entities benefitting from the Offset Agreement.
The scope of the offset programme fully meets the stringent requirements of the Polish Ministry of National Defence, confirming Leonardo’s commitment to a solid and long-term cooperation with the Polish Armed Forces and Polish industry for the delivery of relevant capabilities required for the maintenance of modern military equipment, as well as development and sustainment of the necessary skills and experience in the country.
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20
- British Helicopter Association announces winner of annual Eric Brown Award
- Longbow awarded $32M contract for spare parts kits for AH-64E
- Garmin announces 2021 Virtual Format Pilot Training Classes
- Babcock starts Total contract from Aberdeen
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- Philippine Coast Guard takes delivery of second H145
- Life Link III Acquires FlightBridgeED
- Study supports EMS use of piloted multicopters
- Helicoper link reopens to Kedarnath pilgrimage site
- Kawasaki puts supercharged H2R engine in a helicopter
- ASU President Announces Retirement
- MD Helicopters Awarded Two Army Contracting Command MD530F Contracts