Leonardo, the owner of PZL-Świdnik, the Group’s main industrial pillar in Poland, announced that its UK subsidiary Leonardo MW Ltd has signed an Offset Agreement, valued at approx. 400 mln PLN (90 mln EUR), with the Polish Ministry of National Defence. The signing of the Offset Agreement precedes a contract for the supply of AW101 military helicopters.
The Offset Agreement provides the Polish Ministry of National Defence with the commitment for establishing in the Military Aviation Works No.1 in Łódź, part of the Polish Armaments Group (PGZ), critical maintenance capabilities for the AW101 helicopters and its dedicated mission equipment. Also the Gdańsk Technical University will be among the entities benefitting from the Offset Agreement.
The scope of the offset programme fully meets the stringent requirements of the Polish Ministry of National Defence, confirming Leonardo’s commitment to a solid and long-term cooperation with the Polish Armed Forces and Polish industry for the delivery of relevant capabilities required for the maintenance of modern military equipment, as well as development and sustainment of the necessary skills and experience in the country.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement