Leonardo, the owner of PZL-Świdnik, the Group’s main industrial pillar in Poland, announced that its UK subsidiary Leonardo MW Ltd has signed an Offset Agreement, valued at approx. 400 mln PLN (90 mln EUR), with the Polish Ministry of National Defence. The signing of the Offset Agreement precedes a contract for the supply of AW101 military helicopters.
The Offset Agreement provides the Polish Ministry of National Defence with the commitment for establishing in the Military Aviation Works No.1 in Łódź, part of the Polish Armaments Group (PGZ), critical maintenance capabilities for the AW101 helicopters and its dedicated mission equipment. Also the Gdańsk Technical University will be among the entities benefitting from the Offset Agreement.
The scope of the offset programme fully meets the stringent requirements of the Polish Ministry of National Defence, confirming Leonardo’s commitment to a solid and long-term cooperation with the Polish Armed Forces and Polish industry for the delivery of relevant capabilities required for the maintenance of modern military equipment, as well as development and sustainment of the necessary skills and experience in the country.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO