The International Business Aviation Council (IBAC) continues its support of the wider use of Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAF) within the business aviation sector by participating in the first ICAO Stocktaking Seminar toward the 2050 Vision for Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAFS2019). This seminar will take place 30 April – 1 May in Montreal and will provide a forum for the exchange of information related to aviation fuels. This event will be the first step towards the establishment of a quantified 2050 ICAO Vision for Sustainable Aviation Fuels.
Kurt Edwards, Director General of IBAC, will update the global audience at the seminar on business aviation SAF initiatives to date. “This meeting is another step toward increasing the use of SAF. It is important to keep the momentum moving forward. The goal is to inspire States, industry, and other stakeholders to substitute a significant proportion of conventional aviation fuels with sustainable fuels by 2050. The business aviation community is making progress, but more work needs to be done to increase availability and expand awareness that these drop-in fuels are ready to use today,” added Edwards.
IBAC will represent the business aviation industry at this ICAO event that will include policy and decision makers from the member States, technical experts from the fuel supply chain, airlines, airports, fuel producers, manufacturers, and others. For more information on this seminar go to SAFStocktaking.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement