Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, recently received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) 2018 Award of Excellence “Diamond Award.” The prestigious honor is a result of the ongoing dedication to maintenance training and aircraft safety. The award is Maverick Helicopters’ eighth consecutive for its Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim locations and the fourth consecutive award for its Maui, Hawaii facility since inception in 2015.
“We are proud of our exceptional maintenance team for the hard work they continuously perform in order to ensure the safety of our guests,” said John Buch, president of Maverick Aviation Group, parent company of Maverick Helicopters. “Receiving one of the FAA’s highest honors eight years running is evidence of our dedication and safety standards.”
The FAA’s Award of Excellence was created to recognize aviation operators and its maintenance technicians for participating in the FAA’s Aviation Maintenance Technician Awards Program. The rigorous program encourages employers to participate in continuous learning training programs in aviation maintenance and FAA regulations. Each participating organization can receive honors ranging from the “Gold Award” to the “Diamond Award,” with the latter being the highest level of program criteria.
In 2018, the maintenance technicians of Maverick Helicopters recorded more than 3,200 hours of training. More than 2,000 of those hours were provided through the company’s internal training courses. The training program at Maverick Helicopters requires all employees to complete a three-week training course, outside of manufacturer and FAA requirements, to ensure safety standards are upheld and surpassed. Additionally, 100 percent of all eligible technicians obtained individual awards through in-house and factory training.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement