The design bureau VR-Technologies, subsidiary of Rostec’s Russian Helicopters holding company, presented a mockup of the light multi-purpose helicopter VRT500 at the Fuorisalone exhibition (part of the Milan Design Week, held April 8–14). The helicopter model is presented at the exhibition of ItalDesign, which was one of the developer companies of VRT500.
Currently specialists of Russian Helicopters are developing the design documentation of the helicopter. This stage is scheduled to be finished at the end of 2021 with the production of the first series of VRT500 in the Ulan-Ude aviation plant.
“VRT500 will become a competitive product in the market of light single-engine helicopters and allows us to join this new segment for the first time. We consider Europe as a potential market and plan to apply the helicopter for certification to the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) this year. We’ll start testing the first prototype in 2020”, pointed out Alexander Okhonko, the General Manager of VR-Technologies.
VRT500 is a light single-engine helicopter with coaxial rotors and maximum take-off weight of 1600 kg. It will be equipped with the latest interactive avionics and have the most spacious passenger cabin in its class with the total capability of 5 persons. The helicopter can reach a max speed of 250 km/h, has a flight range of 860 km and can carry a payload of up to 730 kg.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement