The design bureau VR-Technologies, subsidiary of Rostec’s Russian Helicopters holding company, presented a mockup of the light multi-purpose helicopter VRT500 at the Fuorisalone exhibition (part of the Milan Design Week, held April 8–14). The helicopter model is presented at the exhibition of ItalDesign, which was one of the developer companies of VRT500.
Currently specialists of Russian Helicopters are developing the design documentation of the helicopter. This stage is scheduled to be finished at the end of 2021 with the production of the first series of VRT500 in the Ulan-Ude aviation plant.
“VRT500 will become a competitive product in the market of light single-engine helicopters and allows us to join this new segment for the first time. We consider Europe as a potential market and plan to apply the helicopter for certification to the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) this year. We’ll start testing the first prototype in 2020”, pointed out Alexander Okhonko, the General Manager of VR-Technologies.
VRT500 is a light single-engine helicopter with coaxial rotors and maximum take-off weight of 1600 kg. It will be equipped with the latest interactive avionics and have the most spacious passenger cabin in its class with the total capability of 5 persons. The helicopter can reach a max speed of 250 km/h, has a flight range of 860 km and can carry a payload of up to 730 kg.
- Robinson Opens Dedicated MRO Facility
- Christoph 47 with blood and plasma preserves in use
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to receive Government grant
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- LCI successfully closed a new asset-backed helicopter facility
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- HeliTSA secures EASA approval under new Part 147
- DART Aerospace’s E-Commerce Website Now Available Globally
- Life Flight Network Announces Partnership with WhidbeyHealth
- Sikorsky Awarded Patent for Rotor Vector
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance