The Australian Government has announced an extension to Airbus Australia Pacific’s through-life support (TLS) contract for the Australian Army’s Tiger Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter (ARH).
The ARH Tiger, first introduced into service in 2004, has matured into a critical asset for the Australian Defence Force.
Minister for Defence, the Hon Christopher Pyne MP said the extension of the current support arrangements for the ARH Tiger demonstrated the Government’s ongoing commitment to this important Defence capability while providing long-term certainty for hundreds of defence industry employees across Australia.
“With an anticipated value of up to $790 million, this contract will see the continued employment of 60 staff in Darwin who provide maintenance and logistics support services at Army’s 1st Aviation Regiment,” Minister Pyne said.
Minister for Defence Industry, Senator the Hon Linda Reynolds CSC, said this investment would see the retention of 70 staff at the Army Aviation Training Centre in Oakey, Queensland, along with a further 130 skilled staff at Brisbane airport who provide commercial, engineering and logistics services.
“As part of this arrangement there is a provision for Airbus to provide long term labour to support the continued capability of Army aviation platforms across Australia.
“It allows Defence to exercise flexibility to continue its work with existing industry partners to support and improve the fleet whilst also meeting the capability requirements of the Army,” Minister Reynolds said.
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria