The National Ocean Industries Association (NOIA) presented Era Group Inc. (NYSE:ERA) (“Era”) with the 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas (SIS) Culture of Safety Award during the association’s annual meeting in Washington, DC. Era is recognized for instituting a robust safety culture that resulted in a drop in the company’s Total Recordable Incident Rate from 1.78 to zero, and a reduction in Lost Time Injury Cases from .78 to zero, within the last five years.
Chris Bradshaw, President and CEO of Era accepted the award. “On behalf of all the hard-working men and women on the Era team, it is an honor to accept this safety culture award from NOIA,” said Bradshaw. “Safety is our #1 core value and our highest operational priority. Era is wholly dedicated to safely transporting offshore workers to and from work, every day.”
Era’s exemplary safety culture was further enhanced in 2017 with the introduction of the OWN Safety Program, which stands for: One Team, One Goal; We are Each Responsible; and No Accidents, No Injuries. As of March 31, 2019, Era had achieved over 550 Accident Free Days.
NOIA President Randall Luthi congratulated Era saying, “This recognition is well deserved by ERA and is a great example of the emphasis that is always on safety in the offshore industry. Nothing is more important than getting our workers safely to work and back home.”
Era’s award-winning entry was evaluated by an independent panel of judges from the U.S. Coast Guard, the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, the National Academies Transportation Research Board, and an industry safety consultant. Fieldwood Energy and Superior Energy Services also competed for the 2019 Culture of Safety Award.
NOIA has held the SIS awards competition since 1978 to recognize those who contribute to improving the safety of life in the offshore energy industry. The awards are sponsored by Compass Publications.
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform