The National Ocean Industries Association (NOIA) presented Era Group Inc. (NYSE:ERA) (“Era”) with the 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas (SIS) Culture of Safety Award during the association’s annual meeting in Washington, DC. Era is recognized for instituting a robust safety culture that resulted in a drop in the company’s Total Recordable Incident Rate from 1.78 to zero, and a reduction in Lost Time Injury Cases from .78 to zero, within the last five years.
Chris Bradshaw, President and CEO of Era accepted the award. “On behalf of all the hard-working men and women on the Era team, it is an honor to accept this safety culture award from NOIA,” said Bradshaw. “Safety is our #1 core value and our highest operational priority. Era is wholly dedicated to safely transporting offshore workers to and from work, every day.”
Era’s exemplary safety culture was further enhanced in 2017 with the introduction of the OWN Safety Program, which stands for: One Team, One Goal; We are Each Responsible; and No Accidents, No Injuries. As of March 31, 2019, Era had achieved over 550 Accident Free Days.
NOIA President Randall Luthi congratulated Era saying, “This recognition is well deserved by ERA and is a great example of the emphasis that is always on safety in the offshore industry. Nothing is more important than getting our workers safely to work and back home.”
Era’s award-winning entry was evaluated by an independent panel of judges from the U.S. Coast Guard, the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, the National Academies Transportation Research Board, and an industry safety consultant. Fieldwood Energy and Superior Energy Services also competed for the 2019 Culture of Safety Award.
NOIA has held the SIS awards competition since 1978 to recognize those who contribute to improving the safety of life in the offshore energy industry. The awards are sponsored by Compass Publications.
- MD Helicopters deliver MD530F to Wilson Construction
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International
- Airinmar selected by Air Methods for warranty and value engineering services
- Former HAI chairman Wisecup passes away
- AAMS issue statement on HHS report on surprise medical billing
- Wilson Construction upgrades MD500E to MD530F standard
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Nigerian union pickets Bristow Helicopters
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Mi-8AMT to Vityaz-Aero
- EHang 216 Obtained Special Flight Operations Certificate from TCCA
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- Triumph to provide helicopter MRO services to Global Aerospace Logistics
- MedEvac Foundation Invites Participants to Virtual Event
- SPAES H145 night vision approvals updated for new tactical radios