The National Ocean Industries Association (NOIA) presented Era Group Inc. (NYSE:ERA) (“Era”) with the 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas (SIS) Culture of Safety Award during the association’s annual meeting in Washington, DC. Era is recognized for instituting a robust safety culture that resulted in a drop in the company’s Total Recordable Incident Rate from 1.78 to zero, and a reduction in Lost Time Injury Cases from .78 to zero, within the last five years.
Chris Bradshaw, President and CEO of Era accepted the award. “On behalf of all the hard-working men and women on the Era team, it is an honor to accept this safety culture award from NOIA,” said Bradshaw. “Safety is our #1 core value and our highest operational priority. Era is wholly dedicated to safely transporting offshore workers to and from work, every day.”
Era’s exemplary safety culture was further enhanced in 2017 with the introduction of the OWN Safety Program, which stands for: One Team, One Goal; We are Each Responsible; and No Accidents, No Injuries. As of March 31, 2019, Era had achieved over 550 Accident Free Days.
NOIA President Randall Luthi congratulated Era saying, “This recognition is well deserved by ERA and is a great example of the emphasis that is always on safety in the offshore industry. Nothing is more important than getting our workers safely to work and back home.”
Era’s award-winning entry was evaluated by an independent panel of judges from the U.S. Coast Guard, the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, the National Academies Transportation Research Board, and an industry safety consultant. Fieldwood Energy and Superior Energy Services also competed for the 2019 Culture of Safety Award.
NOIA has held the SIS awards competition since 1978 to recognize those who contribute to improving the safety of life in the offshore energy industry. The awards are sponsored by Compass Publications.
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL