Approved by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), the STC is specifically designed to maximize situational awareness for all mission flights, day or night. RUAG integrated the customized avionics package, NVIS and cockpit upgrade STC on two new Airbus Helicopters H125 (formerly AS350), belonging to FOCA and STSB. The original equipment manufacturer (OEM), Airbus Helicopters, delivered both aircraft directly to RUAG in Alpnach, Switzerland, from their production line in France. “OEMs, like Airbus Helicopters, rely on our comprehensive capabilities to provide customized solutions for their customers’ helicopters,” explains Claudio Zeiter, Team Leader Commercial Helicopter Services, RUAG. FOCA took delivery of the completed aircraft, according to schedule.
“Our teams fly complex helicopter missions, day and night, to satisfy our mandate as first responders in aviation emergencies and investigations. To be successful, pilots, ground crew and the helicopter must all be integrated into a state-of-the-art environment which maximizes situational awareness,” states the operator. “Safety and mission effectiveness are paramount and rely heavily on our ability to accurately assess conditions at any given point in time. Including NVIS in our requirements is critical to achieving success,” they confirm. “We are pleased to have partnered with RUAG on this project. Their helicopter specialists provided a complete package, precisely designed and integrated according to our objectives,”.
The Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) focuses on reducing cockpit workload, extending mission adaptability, enhancing aircraft versatility and minimizing operational costs. In addition to NVIS, RUAG has integrated fifteen different modification packages to the two new H125 making them the most technologically advanced helicopters of their type. Tactical direction finders, interfaced to an advanced digital map computer, provide a complete mission system to improve tracking during demanding Search and Rescue (SAR) missions. The state-of-the-art avionics package ensures clear and precise situational awareness.
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza