Approved by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), the STC is specifically designed to maximize situational awareness for all mission flights, day or night. RUAG integrated the customized avionics package, NVIS and cockpit upgrade STC on two new Airbus Helicopters H125 (formerly AS350), belonging to FOCA and STSB. The original equipment manufacturer (OEM), Airbus Helicopters, delivered both aircraft directly to RUAG in Alpnach, Switzerland, from their production line in France. “OEMs, like Airbus Helicopters, rely on our comprehensive capabilities to provide customized solutions for their customers’ helicopters,” explains Claudio Zeiter, Team Leader Commercial Helicopter Services, RUAG. FOCA took delivery of the completed aircraft, according to schedule.
“Our teams fly complex helicopter missions, day and night, to satisfy our mandate as first responders in aviation emergencies and investigations. To be successful, pilots, ground crew and the helicopter must all be integrated into a state-of-the-art environment which maximizes situational awareness,” states the operator. “Safety and mission effectiveness are paramount and rely heavily on our ability to accurately assess conditions at any given point in time. Including NVIS in our requirements is critical to achieving success,” they confirm. “We are pleased to have partnered with RUAG on this project. Their helicopter specialists provided a complete package, precisely designed and integrated according to our objectives,”.
The Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) focuses on reducing cockpit workload, extending mission adaptability, enhancing aircraft versatility and minimizing operational costs. In addition to NVIS, RUAG has integrated fifteen different modification packages to the two new H125 making them the most technologically advanced helicopters of their type. Tactical direction finders, interfaced to an advanced digital map computer, provide a complete mission system to improve tracking during demanding Search and Rescue (SAR) missions. The state-of-the-art avionics package ensures clear and precise situational awareness.
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report