Universal Avionics (UA) has received FAA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for the company’s new touchscreen EFIS Control Display Unit (ECDU) for the InSight Display System. Designed for efficiency, the Touch ECDU provides fast, easy access for InSight user control and input.
This latest offering further improves the InSight Display System, providing the ultimate in operator choice; the ECDU is now available in touchscreen or non-touchscreen versions. Both ECDU models combine multiple InSight System controls, including the flight displays, FMS, radios, traffic, and terrain into a centralized control device.
“We are excited to offer a new, intuitive product that doesn’t compromise sunlight readability and durability in order to add touch capability,” said Dan Reida, UA Vice President of Sales, Marketing, and Support. “The convenience of the touchscreen technology is another step in the reduction of head-down time,” he added.
The ECDU eliminates the need for external panels that take up valuable cockpit space by integrating with the PFD/MFD and standalone radios. The Touch ECDU combines the functionality of the traditional ECDU with an even more intuitive interface for an enhanced, easy user experience. Operators can now use the Touch ECDU, Cursor Control Panel (CCP), or both for unique and intuitive ‘Point and Click’ system control.
UA recently announced the availability of two MDL Data Packages to the company’s Authorized Dealer and Integrator Network to support installation of the InSight Display System STC for the Cessna Citation VII 650 model. Both STC packages have been updated to support the Touch ECDU.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement