Universal Avionics (UA) has received FAA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for the company’s new touchscreen EFIS Control Display Unit (ECDU) for the InSight Display System. Designed for efficiency, the Touch ECDU provides fast, easy access for InSight user control and input.
This latest offering further improves the InSight Display System, providing the ultimate in operator choice; the ECDU is now available in touchscreen or non-touchscreen versions. Both ECDU models combine multiple InSight System controls, including the flight displays, FMS, radios, traffic, and terrain into a centralized control device.
“We are excited to offer a new, intuitive product that doesn’t compromise sunlight readability and durability in order to add touch capability,” said Dan Reida, UA Vice President of Sales, Marketing, and Support. “The convenience of the touchscreen technology is another step in the reduction of head-down time,” he added.
The ECDU eliminates the need for external panels that take up valuable cockpit space by integrating with the PFD/MFD and standalone radios. The Touch ECDU combines the functionality of the traditional ECDU with an even more intuitive interface for an enhanced, easy user experience. Operators can now use the Touch ECDU, Cursor Control Panel (CCP), or both for unique and intuitive ‘Point and Click’ system control.
UA recently announced the availability of two MDL Data Packages to the company’s Authorized Dealer and Integrator Network to support installation of the InSight Display System STC for the Cessna Citation VII 650 model. Both STC packages have been updated to support the Touch ECDU.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President