Universal Avionics (UA) has received FAA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for the company’s new touchscreen EFIS Control Display Unit (ECDU) for the InSight Display System. Designed for efficiency, the Touch ECDU provides fast, easy access for InSight user control and input.
This latest offering further improves the InSight Display System, providing the ultimate in operator choice; the ECDU is now available in touchscreen or non-touchscreen versions. Both ECDU models combine multiple InSight System controls, including the flight displays, FMS, radios, traffic, and terrain into a centralized control device.
“We are excited to offer a new, intuitive product that doesn’t compromise sunlight readability and durability in order to add touch capability,” said Dan Reida, UA Vice President of Sales, Marketing, and Support. “The convenience of the touchscreen technology is another step in the reduction of head-down time,” he added.
The ECDU eliminates the need for external panels that take up valuable cockpit space by integrating with the PFD/MFD and standalone radios. The Touch ECDU combines the functionality of the traditional ECDU with an even more intuitive interface for an enhanced, easy user experience. Operators can now use the Touch ECDU, Cursor Control Panel (CCP), or both for unique and intuitive ‘Point and Click’ system control.
UA recently announced the availability of two MDL Data Packages to the company’s Authorized Dealer and Integrator Network to support installation of the InSight Display System STC for the Cessna Citation VII 650 model. Both STC packages have been updated to support the Touch ECDU.
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria