Heli-One, a leading provider of helicopter maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services, and Caverton Helicopters have signed a multi-year maintenance support agreement for a Sikorsky S-76C++. Heli-One will be providing Caverton’s S-76C++ with comprehensive maintenance support covering airframe, components (including dynamics), avionics, rotor blades, rescue equipment
and more. Caverton will benefit from Heli-One’s experience and extensive support options for planned and unplanned events for the S-76 aircraft type.
Caverton Helicopters is based in Lagos, Nigeria and was established in 2002. They provide helicopter services for a variety of mission types, but are primarily focused on the offshore industry in the region. In addition to the S-76C++, their fleet also includes AS350, AW139, Bell 407, and Bell 412 aircraft. Caverton’s primary base is located at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos and the company also has facilities in Victoria island, Port Harcourt, Warri and Cameroon.
Heli-One Canada is an Authorized S-76 Customer Support Center and an Authorized Gearbox Overhaul Facility. Their design and engineering team has developed hundreds of Major, Minor and Repair modifications for the aircraft type, including a comprehensive flight display modernization for older variants.
“Our team is ready to provide Caverton Helicopters with the best S-76 maintenance support in the industry. This agreement will ensure that Caverton will be covered for all planned and unplanned events at a predictable cost. We have great turnaround times and innovative repairs for the S-76, helping Caverton reduce aircraft downtime and for them to continue providing key services for the Nigerian region,” said Eddie Lane, President, Heli-One.
Caverton Helicopters Technical Director Sean Ward, stated that, “by utilising Heli-One’s maintenance program, we can plan for predictable maintenance budgets, covering both scheduled and unscheduled events, maximising our aircraft’s availability.”
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet