Heli-One, a leading provider of helicopter maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services, and Caverton Helicopters have signed a multi-year maintenance support agreement for a Sikorsky S-76C++. Heli-One will be providing Caverton’s S-76C++ with comprehensive maintenance support covering airframe, components (including dynamics), avionics, rotor blades, rescue equipment
and more. Caverton will benefit from Heli-One’s experience and extensive support options for planned and unplanned events for the S-76 aircraft type.
Caverton Helicopters is based in Lagos, Nigeria and was established in 2002. They provide helicopter services for a variety of mission types, but are primarily focused on the offshore industry in the region. In addition to the S-76C++, their fleet also includes AS350, AW139, Bell 407, and Bell 412 aircraft. Caverton’s primary base is located at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos and the company also has facilities in Victoria island, Port Harcourt, Warri and Cameroon.
Heli-One Canada is an Authorized S-76 Customer Support Center and an Authorized Gearbox Overhaul Facility. Their design and engineering team has developed hundreds of Major, Minor and Repair modifications for the aircraft type, including a comprehensive flight display modernization for older variants.
“Our team is ready to provide Caverton Helicopters with the best S-76 maintenance support in the industry. This agreement will ensure that Caverton will be covered for all planned and unplanned events at a predictable cost. We have great turnaround times and innovative repairs for the S-76, helping Caverton reduce aircraft downtime and for them to continue providing key services for the Nigerian region,” said Eddie Lane, President, Heli-One.
Caverton Helicopters Technical Director Sean Ward, stated that, “by utilising Heli-One’s maintenance program, we can plan for predictable maintenance budgets, covering both scheduled and unscheduled events, maximising our aircraft’s availability.”
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf
- Kawasaki receives 5-blade H145 order from Thai corporate operator
- Arista wins five year $111M extension to UH-1 maintenance contract
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Garmin® GI 275 electronic flight instrument CDI/MFD ready for helicopter installations
- GPMS Foresight HUMS now active on B407GXi
- Leading Edge Aviation adds B407GX to fleet
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force